Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My ironman game is a giant clusterfuck for Catholism. The Catholic nations have spent so much time fighting amongst themselves that the Muslim Caliphate has swallowed the Byzantine empire and now borders Rome.

I have a game going as the Duke of Galicia and Catholicism seems to be holding up pretty well, but they're allowing a lot of heresies to spread. Right off the bat there was a crusade for Andalusia won by England, so the southern half of Spain has been English for close to 100 years now. They've converted a lot of it from Sunni to Catholic, but the Waldensian heresy's also spreading pretty rapidly down there. Poor Muslims couldn't even do a proper Jihad to get Andalusia back, or Jerusalem. England's just crushing everything.

Their King is also possessed. And has 35 (!) martial due to the trait "Jesus gives me military advice".

That's the beauty of this game. In that save, England doesn't exist, the isles are carved up between Ireland, Scotland, Denmark and Lotharingia.

I think the modifiers the King of England is getting from being possessed are really helping him out, weirdly enough. Jesus speaks to him, gives him military advice, and he's considered the voice of Jesus. It'll be interesting when he dies and his less possessed, less talented son takes the crown. I doubt he'll be able to keep England together, which will give me the opportunity to swoop into Andalusia and take some territory. Hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

We have patch notes for Rajas of India now!

MAJOR

- Major map revisions and additions: East Africa, Armenia, Central Asia, Siberia and India

- Added Steam matchmaking support

- Added Steam workshop support

- Added diplomatic range, blocking diplomacy and councillor actions vs too distant characters

- Factions will now revolt as a single unified realm under a temporary title

- Added attrition for units that have been "out-of-supply" for too long (can't live off the land in neutral counties, etc)

- Added support to change window mode setting: fullscreen, borderless or windowed

- New unit type system allowing for more flexible unit types, including War Elephants, Camel Warriors and Horse Archers

- Blocked "North Korea Mode"; you now lose huge parts of all income and levies if your demesne is too big

- Save games are now compressed by default (can be toggled on and off)

- Major memory and performance optimizations

MINOR

- Added opinion malus for holding a character in prison.

- Added opinion malus for former lovers.

- Characters can now have up to five lovers at the same time.

- Tweaks and improvements to many events and decisions.

- Scripted civil wars in history files should now work properly. When scripting civil wars, defender must always be added before attacker for them to work properly.

- Now possible to revoke honorary titles. Revoking an honorary title with a positive opinion modifier will anger the previous holder.

- Added support for multiple lovers.

- Impregnation of lovers is now handled in the code.

- Updated all events to use the new scripting logic for friends, rivals and lovers.

- Characters will no longer get 'Marriage Ties' opinion bonus towards their spouse.

- Fixed a bug that was preventing vassals from being able to be called into war under certain CBs that were scripted to allow it.

- CBs that call other vassals into a revolt will now automatically call all vassals when war is declared.

- Sons asking for titles can now start an adventure for one of your titles if refused. Especially common among Muslims. (event 37000)

- Timur and Seljuk now arrive in a more involved fashion and need to survive before they launch their great gambit

- Children can no longer pick up the religion or culture of a guardian if the guardian does not share the religion or culture of his employer

- The Nestorians are no longer a heresy, and have their own holy order (The Order of St Addai)

- Added the Messalian heresy (Nestorian)

- Made the Paulician heresy (Orthodox)

- You can no longer usurp the sole primary title off of someone with a different religion if he has any holdings within it

- You no longer get an opinion bonus from your vassals for defending against rebels, adventurers and the like

- You can no longer call allies to help you defend against peasant, heretic and religious rebels

- Added a decision to conscript merchant ships if playing a ruler with overseas holdings

- Reduced piety gained from battles

- Increased piety cost of Muslim Invasion CB

- Whether a character is too insignificant for anyone to care if you execute them is now determined by whether they have any titles, claims, or titled close relatives

- Children, incapable characters and prisoners can no longer join factions

- The decision to acknowledge bastards as your own now works again

- Becoming infirm will now abort self improval ambitions

- Characters now lose the ambition to get married upon becoming eunuchs or homosexual

- Cathar women can now have the same career ambitions as men

- Can no longer reform the Orthodox religion, instead one has the Decision to restore the Ecumenical Patriarchate

- Events can no longer make tech points negative

- Fixed a rare crash related to loading savegames with events referring invalid characters

- Cathar vassals no longer have negative opinions for liege or liege's heir being female

- Expelling holy orders now blocks further Decisions towards them

- Holy Orders can no longer ask for the right to build castles in the lands of vassals of someone who has expelled them

- If a Holy Order is your vassal when you expel it, it will be set free

- Added missing decision to expel the Bektashi Order

- No longer possible to hire holy orders that you've expelled

- Reduced the number of standing troops of the Knights of Calatrava and Santiago

- After a successful decadence revolt, the new ruler only gets weak unpressed claims on vassals who choose independence

- Increased chances that vassals will choose independence after successful decadence revolts

- Doubled the Prestige that newborn characters get from their dynasty at birth

- Doubled the Prestige you get from the dynasty of your spouse when marrying

- Added missing de jure capitals to the Kingdom of Anatolia and the Duchies of Spoleto and Latium

- Added a prisoner age check to event 50010

- Added updated flags for titles within the Arabian, Mali and Byzantine de jure empires

- Fixed a couple of location triggers in Christian monastery events.

- Fixed bug in bookmarks reading of files

- Fixed duchies names not showing properly in de-jure duchy map mode

- Added Camel Warriors retinue type to Arabic culture

- Fixed crash bug when units die of attrition

- Tweaked max attrition just so slightly

- Improved the Sons of Abraham version of the heresy appearance event (SoA.4000)

- Strengthened adventurers in general

- The king of Jerusalem is no longer allowed to vassalize the Knights Templar or the Knights of St John if they are too powerful already

- Tweaked the cultural conversion events a bit, mainly to improve the special Mongol conversion factor

- Corrected the terrain in many provinces

- Fixed a bug where saves where primary title was dynamic didn't have CoA

- Fixed a bug that if the primary title was dynamic the character was not auto selected after loading

- Fixed a bug where kicking someone out of the lobby would make that character unselectable

- Fixed a bug where selecting a player in the outliner would sometimes navigate to an incorrect province

- Fixed a bug where map borders were not correctly loaded when going into multiplayer

- Fixed a bug where map names were not correctly loaded when going into multiplayer

- Cash, Prestige, and piety commands can now be used with values smaller than 1

- Text field cursor position fixed in multiple cases

- Fixed a bug where children would lose their guardian upon reload

- Fixed a bug where only a single opposite trait would be removed

- Famagusta is no longer an Abbasid vassal in 867

- Loot bar regrows more slowly now

- Fixed an issue where event flags would sometimes not clear properly after tournaments, feasts and similar events

- Fixed the triggers for a number of minor events where people could get the event even if they didn't have the correct religion

- Fixed broken trigger for the Decadent Warrior achievement

- Cut "succession wars" and all (mostly obsolete) mechanics to do with vassal revolt risk

- Jews can now also hire the Abyssinian and Nubian mercs

- Fixed a nasty bug where whole Patrician families could be genocided on succession

- Added events for the rise of the Ghaznavids

- Added a negative opinion modifier for vassal kings vs their emperor liege

- Improved or fixed religion triggers in many events

- Improved localization for a number of older events

- Minor tweaks to effects for many events

- Added a special decision to form the HRE

- Events are now saved and loaded from saves

- Compressed saves are now saved with meta data to improve performance

- Localisation of other languages now defaults to English

- Flags now appear and disappear when you're the correct height above the ground

- Saving the game with a dynamic title now saves the correct COA and automatically reselects the character you played upon loading

- Some minor changes to the save games format to improve backward compatibility

- Save games list now show if the save is unsupported

- Added equal-opportunity tumbling of courtiers for women and homosexuals.

Full patch notes are here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1875-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Patchnotes-and-Ask-us-anything!

It's a minor change but I love that now women and homosexual characters can "take a tumble" with courtiers. Hopefully with Steam matchmaking support multiplayer won't be a pain in the ass.

Love the diplomatic range changes.

- Children can no longer pick up the religion or culture of a guardian if the guardian does not share the religion or culture of his employer

:w00t:

Man this Spain save I'm playing is getting good. Inherited all the other Spanish Jiminez kingdoms and currently mauling the Muslims in central Spain.

Meanwhile, it's 1089 and Kingdom of England has changed hands 8 times, thrice to Robert of Normandy who currently has no land. Italy and Burgundy are in full revolt against the HRE, Sweden's been split in two by civil war and the east is, for once, largely at peace.

If you're a chump who didn't have The Old Gods (like me), it's on sale on Steam right now for $3.74 - marked down from $14.99. Time to go a-plunderin' on the muthaship!

(Sale ends in 38 hours though!)

I haven't played in a while but with the sale I may as well get back into it.

Is there an easy way to figure out what I've already bought? I may go on a spree and buy everything, even the random junk I don't need. :P

Edit:- Balls, sale ends in 4 hours and I have no money on my card....and the earliest I can get to the store and add money to it, isn't for 7 hours. :(