Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Alright, I've got the basic hang of this. I started a game as someone in Ghana and dossed about, I attacked my neighbour and all that. I just need to learn the more important stuff.

Its quite a fun game so far.

I decided to play a game of this for the first time in awhile, turned on Ironman mode (didn't know that was a thing)....but every time a month would tick over the game woudl stop to load (2-3 seconds)....and since I play on maximum speed, that was happening every 20-30 seconds, rather annoying.

I decided to play a game of this for the first time in awhile, turned on Ironman mode (didn't know that was a thing)....but every time a month would tick over the game woudl stop to load (2-3 seconds)....and since I play on maximum speed, that was happening every 20-30 seconds, rather annoying.

It's because it's autosaving to the cloud. Change the autosave frequency to half year or yearly.

• Like 1

Alright, I've got the basic hang of this. I started a game as someone in Ghana and dossed about, I attacked my neighbour and all that. I just need to learn the more important stuff.

Its quite a fun game so far.

I've done the same, I ran into trouble when I marched on Marrakesh though.

It was all going so well for me but when The Aztecs (?!) attacked out of nowhere

What the shit?

Picked up Sons of Abraham since it's only $10.

Also, has anyone played multiplayer since the Rajas of India patch? There's three YouTubers I watch who do multiplayer CK2 and EUIV videos with each other, and it seems like they've had less trouble with multiplayer since the patch - though they do still have issues with finding each others' games, but it seems like they don't have desync issues nearly as much anymore. I'd like to eventually set up an EWB CK2 game sometime, though preferably someone who has all of the DLC should host.

There are map border mods that tidy up the borders, but I don't know for sure what about it is "unbearable" so I can't be of much use.

I'd say Old Gods, Sword of Islam, The Republic and Rajas of India are the most "essential" DLCs. Old Gods adds in the ability to play as pagan religions who can subjugate their neighbors, raid other counties, and they're the only ones who can travel by boat through narrow rivers.

Sword of Islam adds the ability to play as Islamic rulers - Sunni, Shia, etc. - as well as the Decadence mechanic for those rulers.

The Republic adds the ability to play as Trade Republics.

Rajas of India adds some 50% more land to the maps, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

• Like 1

There are map border mods that tidy up the borders, but I don't know for sure what about it is "unbearable" so I can't be of much use.

I'd say Old Gods, Sword of Islam, The Republic and Rajas of India are the most "essential" DLCs. Old Gods adds in the ability to play as pagan religions who can subjugate their neighbors, raid other counties, and they're the only ones who can travel by boat through narrow rivers.

Sword of Islam adds the ability to play as Islamic rulers - Sunni, Shia, etc. - as well as the Decadence mechanic for those rulers.

The Republic adds the ability to play as Trade Republics.

Rajas of India adds some 50% more land to the maps, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

Legacy of Rome too.

As for map mods, only one I think is active atm is Somewhat More Historic Map which is available singularly at that link or as part of the Historical Immersion Project here

Also there is Sons of Abraham which adds Judaism and makes it playable, and also gives more option for herecies and actually gives you the ability to have herecies take over from the normal religions.

It's interesting if you want to make Waldensian the acceptable religion and make Catholicism a herecy.

Personally the only DLC that is ''useless'' is Sunset Invasion, which is only extremely annoying because you get stupid Aztec hordes stomping your coastline.

Well and having played Republic, that DLC is pretty unbalanced and it's VERY easy to become a rich ass death machine just through building trade posts everywhere. Don't upgrade them, just build basic ones everywhere.

Edited by Jasonmufc