2012 NFL Season

Dan

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum thought they had made the Jets relevant, then they went 8-8 missed the playoffs, watched Eli win another SB and clearly lost their collective minds. Maybe they can convince the Old Gunslinger to come back out of retirement to complete the trio of overrated QBs.

Does Gabbert have a giant contract? What if they brought him in for Tebow and had Manning tutor him? Elway clearly hates Tebow, and God, so maybe Gabbert could become the quarterback in waiting.

That's just crazy talk, honestly.

Tebow might leave Denver but Jacksonville don't need him, if the Jags wanted a new starting QB they'd have went after Flynn/Peyton/Smith and not a backup like Henne.

He'll probably stay in Denver behind Manning, if Manning can teach him how to throw then he might become the man they've always wanted.

They had no shot at Peyton. Flynn is completely unproven and Alex Smith isn't better than anyone on their roster. Tim Tebow might not be better than anyone else on their roster, but he has more drawing power than the rest of the team combined.

It will not happen, honestly. People said the Jags would 100% draft Tebow but they didn't, people said last year we'd give up our pick to trade for Tebow and we didn't.

It won't happen and the majority of Jags fans don't want Tebow, sure he'll drag in the Gators fans for a few games but if the team doesn't win it doesn't matter one bit, they won't hang around.

You really have no idea how revered he is in North Florida, do you? Most of the points you just made might be completely irrelevant, as they were all made by the previous ownership. Your team has a new owner, who's to say he won't decide to trade for Tebow? He's guaranteed to keep your team in the media spotlight and sell tickets and he's no worse than any other QB on your roster. There's no reason not to do it, if the price is right.

It's the same GM, Khan is not Jerry Jones.

It's not going to happen.

That's the end of it from me.

:w00t:

Does Gabbert have a giant contract? What if they brought him in for Tebow and had Manning tutor him? Elway clearly hates Tebow, and God, so maybe Gabbert could become the quarterback in waiting.

Tebow might leave Denver but Jacksonville don't need him, if the Jags wanted a new starting QB they'd have went after Flynn/Peyton/Smith and not a backup like Henne.

He'll probably stay in Denver behind Manning, if Manning can teach him how to throw then he might become the man they've always wanted.

They had no shot at Peyton. Flynn is completely unproven and Alex Smith isn't better than anyone on their roster. Tim Tebow might not be better than anyone else on their roster, but he has more drawing power than the rest of the team combined.

It will not happen, honestly. People said the Jags would 100% draft Tebow but they didn't, people said last year we'd give up our pick to trade for Tebow and we didn't.

It won't happen and the majority of Jags fans don't want Tebow, sure he'll drag in the Gators fans for a few games but if the team doesn't win it doesn't matter one bit, they won't hang around.

You really have no idea how revered he is in North Florida, do you? Most of the points you just made might be completely irrelevant, as they were all made by the previous ownership. Your team has a new owner, who's to say he won't decide to trade for Tebow? He's guaranteed to keep your team in the media spotlight and sell tickets and he's no worse than any other QB on your roster. There's no reason not to do it, if the price is right.

You only get half credit, they tried to get him.

You only get half credit, they tried to get him.

Hardly, they discussed it internally, along with a bunch of teams who spoke about it.

No contact was made from the Jags to the Broncos, that was confirmed yesterday by the Jags official twitter.

Yes, well enjoy Chad Henne and a 4-12 season.

I'd much rather we stuck with Blaine for another season after throwing him in at the deep end which wasn't really what should have happend than ditch him for Tebow, if he continues to suck this year, we can ditch him mid-season for Henne and draft Barkley/some other guy.

Tebow was never the answer to the needs of the Jaguars football teams, maybe the business side of things, but that doesn't concern me, Shad Khan is rich enough and smart enough to worry about that himself.

Let the Jets enjoy the media circus and let Sanchez enjoy the pressure even more.

Yes, well enjoy Chad Henne and a 4-12 season.

I'd much rather we stuck with Blaine for another season after throwing him in at the deep end which wasn't really what should have happend than ditch him for Tebow, if he continues to suck this year, we can ditch him mid-season for Henne and draft Barkley/some other guy.

Tebow was never the answer to the needs of the Jaguars football teams, maybe the business side of things, but that doesn't concern me, Shad Khan is rich enough and smart enough to worry about that himself.

Let the Jets enjoy the media circus and let Sanchez enjoy the pressure even more.

It's what they do best.

So without it turning into an anti-Jets discussion.. why should I or shouldn't I be pleased we've got Tebow? I've never been convinced by Sanchez in the few times I've seen him play, but I've not never watched Tebow nor bothered to get into the debate/hype.

Coaches clearly need a union, if you're a player you can kill someone without getting suspended indefinitely.

And also

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coaches_Association

Today is a crazy day for the NFL!!!

Saints get one of the biggest violations since the SMU death penalty.

Not sure if this is justified or not because I would assume a lot of teams are guilty of something like this.

Tebow is traded to the Jets.

Jets don't need a QB really. Sanchez is better than Tebow so why they did this boggles my mind. Tebow can be a servicable backup and maybe even a weapon if used sparingly. Sanchez isn't elite but he can be really good.

As a Lions fan I am really happy with all of this stuff going on. Peyton stayed in the AFC. San Fran pissed off Alex Smith. Saints are dealing with an unhappy QB and now have some coaching and front office holes for a year. Could the Lions be a really good team this year and capitolize? I sure hope so.

Packers are being set up to succeed with the next best NFC team (Saints) getting a handicap this year. Obviously the 49ers are a really good team and the Giants can be good when they need to be. The Bears are going to be better now with Marshall, and everyone back healthy.

I am really excited for the NFL season already and it is only March!

I think it will be a good match. Sparano's wildcat got figured out after a few weeks, but it was effective with Ronnie Brown running it. Imagine it with Tebow running it instead. If that's all they're asking Tebow to do, it takes a ton of pressure off of him and those plays should be really effective. Sure, it also stunts his growth as a QB, but it's not like he's knocking on the door of being a hall of fame QB anyways.

:lmao: @ Tebow to the Jets.

I'm sure they're planning on using him just for the Wildcat but Mark Sanchez is bound to have a shitty game or two early in the season, thus creating an unnecessary distraction that the Jets don't need. So this won't end well for the Jets or Tebow IMO. I wonder why Jesus did this to him? :shifty:

Punishment to the Saints is pretty bullshit. Far too harsh, and too much hyperbole surrounding it.

Great, now I'm going to hear about Tebow even more. I've got nothing against dude as a person, but never has such a mediocre player been so hyped.

Oh, and no, Hines Ward is NOT a hall of famer. Take off the steel colored glasses.

It's going to come down to whether or not the Jets have the guts to essentially run a 2 QB offense, and whether or not Sanchez' ego can take that kind of hit. But if you put Tebow into situations where the longest pass he has to make is 25 yards, or he only has to gain 20 yards on the ground to score, there's a very good chance he's going to be successful with that. You don't want him leading 80 yard drives or throwing it 30+ times a game, use Sanchez for that(although you probably don't want him doing that either :shifty: )