2012 NFL Season

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
STILLWATER, Okla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft pick receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge Sunday after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

The former Oklahoma State star smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m., Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson said.

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 -- three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

Under Oklahoma law, a driver can be charged with aggravated driving under the influence when a test shows .15 or greater.

facepalm.jpg

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft pick receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge Sunday after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

The former Oklahoma State star smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m., Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson said.

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 -- three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

Under Oklahoma law, a driver can be charged with aggravated driving under the influence when a test shows .15 or greater.

facepalm.jpg

Did you really have to post this on here? mad.gifmad.gif

facepalm.jpg

Did you really have to post this on here? mad.gifmad.gif

Hey, if I was drafted by the Jaguars, I'd probably facepalm, too.

Oh...wait....

The Chargers have had a weird history with number retirements - they seem to either retire the number immediately, or wait ages.

I'm still waiting for the Giants to retire #92. It hasn't been issued since Strahan left, not even in pre-season when the rosters are huge. Even now they have two guys wearing #71 even though one of them is a defensive end and would qualify to wear #92. I'm hoping that maybe they retire it next year once he goes into the HOF.

Was reading that they might not retire any more numbers since they've already retired 11 of them and pre-season rosters are now up to 90. But I dunno - I can't see anyone else wearing #92. It'll be the last number the Giants retire for a long time. Eli's #10 will probably be worthy of retirement someday, but he's got plenty of miles left in the tank.

I remember reading a few years ago that the NFL was actually trying to discourage retiring numbers because teams are starting to run out. Its one of the reasons the league allowed wide receivers to wear 10-19..so many teams were running out of numbers in the 80-89 range

Please..let not give Chris Berman an excuse to make up more catchphrases

• Like 2

I don't see why they can't retire numbers, but still allow players to wear their number. For example, the Cowboys have retired the #88 twice, for Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin and now Dez Bryant is wearing it.

I don't see why they can't retire numbers, but still allow players to wear their number. For example, the Cowboys have retired the #88 twice, for Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin and now Dez Bryant is wearing it.

The Cowboys don't officially retire numbers. They instead reserve certain "special" numbers for star players..the receiver who is supposed to be the "number one" receiver gets #88

Perhaps most notably, Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin both wore number 88 with the Cowboys, and it is currently worn by Dez Bryant. The Cowboys will be treating number 88 similar to that of number 12 with the Alabama Crimson Tide and, until 2005, number 44 for the Syracuse Orange (who have since retired number 44) by reserving number 88 for only the best receivers.[13]

Instead of retiring numbers, the Cowboys induct prominent players into a Ring of Honor, which originally ringed Texas Stadium and was transferred to the new Cowboys Stadium at its opening in 2009. Since their induction into the Ring of Honor, numbers 8 (Troy Aikman), 12 (Roger Staubach), 20 (Mel Renfro), 22 (Hayes and Smith), 43 (Cliff Harris), 54 (Randy White), 55 (Lee Roy Jordan), 70 (Rayfield Wright), 72 (Too Tall Jones), and 74 (Bob Lilly) have not been reissued or are rarely used.