2012 NFL Season

Dan

If I understand it correctly, he decided that Goodell's evidence or case or whatever you call it was correct, but he was targeting the wrong party, i.e. the team should have been punished rather than individual players. If I've got that right, then yeah, Goodell's a fucking idiot and the league needs to get shot of him.

If I understand it correctly, he decided that Goodell's evidence or case or whatever you call it was correct, but he was targeting the wrong party, i.e. the team should have been punished rather than individual players. If I've got that right, then yeah, Goodell's a fucking idiot and the league needs to get shot of him.

Either way, shouldn't the players that are found guilty still be punished in some way?

Either way, shouldn't the players that are found guilty still be punished in some way?

I believe they are being fined

Other than suspending the players, the Saints situation was handled just fine.

The problem with the NFL, though, is that its being run by idiots who are also being overprotective and illogical. Look at what happened with Ed Reed. There should not have been any punishment on Reed AT ALL because the hit on Emmanuel Sanders was only a helmet to helmet because Sanders changed position at the last possible second before impact. Yet the leagues Director of Football Operations was on Mike & Mike making weaksauce excuses to try and justify punishing Reed and ignoring the fact that it wasn't intentional. He tried to say Reed was a repeat offender, yet of the two previous instances one was questionable and the other was also clearly unintentional. The dirty motherfucker the league *should* be keeping an eye on to potentially go after is James Harrison.

I realize there is a need to protect players, but when its clear a helmet to helmet hit happens due to the offensive player moving right before impact, it should be waved off.

Speaking of Sanders, I think its funny that last month he became the first player to ever be fined for faking an injury.

Fuck it lets have a 32 team play-off system and have the regular season just act as tool to determine seeding! :w00t:

Fuck the playoffs altogether. Let's BCS this shit!

I have a feeling that Goodell is one of those dirty, dirty BCS supporters so I hope he doesn't get any ideas.

I'm not necessarily saying they should go unpunished. But I have serious issues with the "evidence" used to punish them - Hargrove was tied to the scandal because of a video where it was claimed that he shouted "give me my money" after a big hit, which is tenuous at best, and isn't even confirmed to be him as the voice was off-camera, the whole refusal to show Vilma any evidence etc.

Besides, there's precedent for penalising the organisation over the individual. Annoyingly, I can't find where I read it, but the Packers were fined for a similar program in the nineties. Basically, Goodell was just getting his dick out in the name of "player safety", which we all know is bullshit anyway.

The other issue with punishing the players is that they were basically doing as they were told, it's a bit like a whistleblower situation where you just keep your head down for fear of losing your job, getting blacklisted etc. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I definitely think the focus of the punishment should be on management over the individuals.