GAME no longer stocking EA Games..

Summers

It's currently supposed to be £1 better than the total offer, although I imagine a lot of stores do it per title to boost their trade figures. And the next person that gets pissy with me because I won't beat a trade price that takes it over the selling price of the game is getting booted out of the store. Seriously, why on earth would anyone think that's good business sense?

I went in Gamestation a few days ago and they told me if I had any points left on my points card to spend them ASAP just in case.

Plus I have a Game card to so went in to use that and the staff were telling the person in front of me if they wanted to do any trade in's they better do them today (this was Saturday) while they still could do them.

But I've seen far dodgier than that. Over here all of the supermarkets are signed up to this voluntary agreement where if something scans at a higher price than is on the shelf (or in the catalogue) then they get it for free (I think they get the first 5 or something if it's a multiple item). When I worked in a supermarket the manager would do all sorts of dodgy shit to get out of it, he'd print out new tags matching the old one and put it on the product next to the one they were buying and remove the one they saw and tell them they must have seen that tag and got confused. He'd also argue that the price advertised was for the tomatoes in the catalogue were coming in tomorrow and are different and inferior quality to the tomatoes the customer was purchasing (they would then fix the tag once the customer left). Just really weird shit like that to save like $2.

There is no such thing. Coles and Woolworths have a store policy to do it, because it amounts to nothing for them, and makes them come across as fantastic companies. This in turn has resulted in a lot of people thinking this is some kind of law, and that every store has to do it, which is ridiculous.

I went in Gamestation a few days ago and they told me if I had any points left on my points card to spend them ASAP just in case.

Plus I have a Game card to so went in to use that and the staff were telling the person in front of me if they wanted to do any trade in's they better do them today (this was Saturday) while they still could do them.

Those stores are staffed by idiots then. There has been no communication whatsoever about stopping trade-ins or trouble with loyalty cards. There was some scaremongering going on by the likes of MCV (who have otherwise been pretty pro-GAME), but that's it.

When I was in buying something the other day, the guy wanted me to spend £3 on a loyalty card. Yeah, that'll happen.

They've still got to ask. Got to keep the numbers looking as best you can so you're not a candidate for closure should it come to it.

GAME Group did around £9 million last week, after doing £8 million the week before. Little bit of positive news. Starting to run low on stock now, though. If you've got anything to trade in, I'm sure your local store would greatly appreciate it :)

Those stores are staffed by idiots then. There has been no communication whatsoever about stopping trade-ins or trouble with loyalty cards. There was some scaremongering going on by the likes of MCV (who have otherwise been pretty pro-GAME), but that's it.

Not so much they are stopping points cards more our local shop may be shutting down and it looks like it's happening this week we have now been told Saturday will be the last day

Reckon they'll be buying them for a bit more than usual?

There's a weird pseudo-promotion going on, I'm not sure if it's being offered verbally or promoted in-store, but trade-in prices will be roughly 75% of pre-owned selling price. The sale's coming off this week so the prices should be fairly reasonable. Not great though.

Not so much they are stopping points cards more our local shop may be shutting down and it looks like it's happening this week we have now been told Saturday will be the last day

No one has been told anything about closures.