GAME no longer stocking EA Games..

Summers

There is no such thing. Coles and Woolworths have a store policy to do it, because it amounts to nothing for them, and makes them come across as fantastic companies. This in turn has resulted in a lot of people thinking this is some kind of law, and that every store has to do it, which is ridiculous.

So the manager lied and said that there was a voluntary agreement they had entered into and then spent all of his life trying to avoid paying out on this promise and it not being advertised but still doing it.

Yeah what you are saying makes no sense. Also if you google it there are loads of references to this voluntary agreement. Oh and look, here it is Lukie is a numpty

Dragsitude im just worried your being left out of a loop.

Ive worked in restaurants that closed down the next day. The stock dwindled the bosses denied.

Games stocks plummeted and theres news of buyouts. Or straight closure.

Anyways heres the latest article on game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/20/game-weighs-final-options-before-point-of-no-return/

Pray for Dragsy.

It has been reported that Game faces a £21m rent payment on Sunday and a £12m wage bill at the end of the month. It also owes more than £10m in VAT and £40m to suppliers. A new investor would have to pay up to £100m to Game's banks.

My old store is being closed in the summer NO MATTER what happens business wise because they can't afford the rent/lease. That's the same for around a dozen stores.. So there's been plenty of talk of closures. The guys have already been offered their redundancy packets and everything.

My old store is being closed in the summer NO MATTER what happens business wise because they can't afford the rent/lease. That's the same for around a dozen stores.. So there's been plenty of talk of closures. The guys have already been offered their redundancy packets and everything.

Yeah, they were always planning to close around 40 stores by the start of 2013. What I was saying is no one had been told anything officially about closures, so for staff to be telling people they'd be gone by Saturday is asinine.

Whatever comes of this, I hope everyone at the top goes and doesn't get the chance to cheat their way out of it a la Zavvi. They should be screwed to the wall for taking over a successful brand in Gamestation, then killing them off despite GS being relatively stable compared to the GAME stores. I've always hated the dual-brand strategy, and it only got more and more intense the past year as the higher-ups completely failed to latch on to trends such as digital sales and wanted a more phoneshop type approach adopted at store level (why that was never abandoned when across the board stores showed year on year losses after implementing this, I'll never know).

Apparently the plan is to shut around half the stores - to be fair, 600 stores, and 2-3 in one town is far too excessive. The stupid thing is these are most likely to be Gamestation stores, which have a better reputation and are generally more profitable due to the preowned focus. Fingers crossed, I'll be alright, as our store destroys our local GAME stores, we're consistently top of our region, and our region is constistently highly-ranked in the company. But yeah, thanks for the well wishes.

Gamestation will get shafted. GAME is the company's flagship shop. Same as when Blockbuster sold Gamestation in the first place. It don't matter which is more profitable, the powers that be are always incredibly loathe to kill off THEIR baby and jump onto another that they own.

Well I went in today and the shelves were half empty and the staff were taking some shelves down plus you could tell they wasn't very happy today usually there they are quite a happy bunch but today you could tell something was wrong with them all.

Who knows it may be bad timing and the lease was coming up for renewal anyway so they haven't/can't renew it

Edited by Frederick Jameson

Ha, we had that problem with the shelves, quarterly remerch is going ahead as planned, so it does sort of look like we've shut down at times. Had to explain that a few times today. We're starting to get pretty low on stuff though.

Our lot have remained fairly chipper, it's like I've said to them though, you can't do owt by worrying and getting worked up.

Source? The guys in the stores haven't been told anything yet.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/rbs-game-bid-gathers-press-momentum-as-store-closures-loom/093350

This morning The Telegraph reports that “it is understood that RBS, one of the company’s six lenders, is leading a plan to buy a stake in Game after it is placed into administration today”.

It adds that “people familiar with the matter have been left puzzled over why Game’s lenders refused to accept a fully-funded bid from OpCapita last week, which would have prevented it from falling into administration”.