Eurovision 2012!

Katsuya

The Humperdink song is like every other song we've done - it's just not good enough to win this competition. We don't take it seriously enough. It was a decent song, but it hardly had enough going for it to win. I mean, even Jedward did better than us. Politics aside (because they certainly play their part), it wasn't good enough to succeed. I'd say we deserved slightly better than second to last, but not that far off. Better than Jedward, for sure dry.gif

Naitch :lol:

Norton said near the end that the Sweden song has already topped the charts in several countries? We need to try this tactic next year, stick an internationally well known act on and watch the votes roll in...maybe.

Yeah, how about someone like Blue?

Norton said near the end that the Sweden song has already topped the charts in several countries? We need to try this tactic next year, stick an internationally well known act on and watch the votes roll in...maybe.

Yeah, how about someone like Blue?

I meant somebody who was still relevant! Let's be honest, Blue were a good 5-6 years past their sell-by in 2011. Hump kind of applies too, he's a big name if this is 1972.

Pretty sure it only started topping the charts after she won Melodifestivalen.

She was #1 in Sweden, Norway and Finland after MelFest, yeah. She's #1 on UK iTunes too, pretty sure that even Rybak didn't manage that. I hope she's top 5 this week. Genuinely excited about her album too.

MelFest 2013 will be epic, as will the contest itself. I'm planning on going too!

See, if think the problem is we take it too seriously. Blue and Andrew Lloyd Webber's act did quite well for themselves. The Hump was forgettable, he was in a sea of all these modern, up-beat and catchy songs, even if it was decent it wasn't Eurovision. The key isn't choosing a well-known act, it is getting a catchy song and performing it in the right way.

Here's an idea, why not let some kids from the Brits school do something? I'm sure they could put something together that gets us higher up. We probably won't win, but that isn't everything.

See, if think the problem is we take it too seriously. Blue and Andrew Lloyd Webber's act did quite well for themselves. The Hump was forgettable, he was in a sea of all these modern, up-beat and catchy songs, even if it was decent it wasn't Eurovision. The key isn't choosing a well-known act, it is getting a catchy song and performing it in the right way.

Here's an idea, why not let some kids from the Brits school do something? I'm sure they could put something together that gets us higher up. We probably won't win, but that isn't everything.

This is true. The Denmark song was pretty good but scored low because it's not a eurovision song.

Aren't Blue and Andrew Lloyd Webber well known though? Half the reason why we picked Blue is because we thought peopel would know them. Let's be honest, we wouldn't listen to that Hump song in this country (well, you know what I mean) so why would anyone else like it? That's the issue. You can tell from the quality of Sweden's entry that they didn't sit there going "hmm, those funny Europeans will like this", instead they went for awesome.

Sweden's victory tells us that the trick is to enter a good song with a good performer. We do need to get rid of the stupid "we didn't win" sulking though. And you're right that we shouldn't just turn to a well known hand.

And let's be honest, if you're going to send in an elderly geezer who can't sing all the notes then you do it right and send in Sir Bruce bloody Forsyth.

Edited by Vamp

Can't sing all the notes? Humperdinck's performance couldn't be faulted. He did really well. He's always been a good singer. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not actually. It was reported that he bummed a few notes in the judged dress rehearsal.

Can't sing all the notes? Humperdinck's performance couldn't be faulted. He did really well. He's always been a good singer. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not actually. It was reported that he bummed a few notes in the judged dress rehearsal.

Oh, well, proof beyond doubt then that is :rolleyes: