4. One Foot in the Grave

5. Father Ted

6. Gavin & Stacey

7. House

8. Sherlock

9. Black Books

10. The IT Crowd

Edited by MGW

Castle is fun but I need to see more than the first two series which is what they've shown in the UK.

Lie To Me has a brilliant first series, mostly great second but not seen the third yet and there must be a reason why it was cancelled after.

Burn Notice had a wonderful first couple of seasons but then from the snippets I've caught since it keeps piling on new angles and confusions.

It was hard to pick just 10 shows and I just picked them strategically in this order to try to get the top shows in.

1. Twin Peaks

2. Freaks and Geeks

3. Star Trek: The Original Series

4. Eastbound & Down

5. Sliders

6. Breaking Bad

7. Dexter

8. Arrested Development

9. Seinfeld

10. Lost

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

1.) The Wire

2.) Oz

3.) Breaking Bad

4.) Six Feet Under

5.) Boston Legal

6.) Arrested Development

7.) The Shield

8.) Roseanne (fuck the later seasons, but still <3)

9.) The Simpson's

10.) Gavin and Stacey

1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

2. Game of Thrones

3. Angel

4. Lost

5. Firefly

6. Black Books

7. The Office (US)

8. Sons of Anarchy

9. Parks and Recreation

10. The Walking Dead

Honorable mentions go to True Blood and Supernatural, both of which at one time would have been much higher, but the longer they've gone on, the further down they've slipped. Californication was on the list before I decided to throw TWD up instead. I love Californcation, but like the other two shows, it's reached the point where it just needs to end. (Though it won't, as it's on Showtime) Supernatural should have ended like 2 series ago and True Blood has just been slipping since Series 2. Without those series, they'd be up there somewhere, for sure. Shameless (US) might have fit on there somewhere too, but it's a little too early to tell.

Now, for order... Walking Dead is mostly a space filler, I really enjoy it, but it hasn't given me any "Fuck, best show ever" moments like the rest have at times. I'm sure it will, but it's only on Series 2. Parks and Recreation won out over Community for me. I love both, but Parks is just the better show for me. Sons of Anarchy gets on there mostly for the first two series and the latest, though it may slip depending on how much longer it goes on.

The Office, though I only discovered it recently, I've just grown to adore. So wonderful, I watched it through twice in the space of two months. All 8 Series. Black Books is the only British show (with the exception of maybe Fawlty Towers) that I've ever really loved. It's amazing how high it managed to reach considering Tasmin Greig is part of it. But fuck, if Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey aren't the perfect combination.

Firefly. I don't need to explain Firefly. It's a Sci-Fi show, by Joss Whedon. The fact it only lasted 14 episodes and a film mean that whilst sadly, there would never be enough, there'd never be enough. Every episode was wonderful. Except maybe the one with the duel. And with River getting taken by that village as a witch. But they're still pretty good!

Lost, like Firefly, do I really need to explain? I was with it from beginning to end and I never lost interest. This show was something else entirely. It had the great characters you either loved or hated, wonderful twists and a mythology that kept you coming back for more. I even liked the ending. Kinda.

Angel was wonderful. It took some of the best parts of Buffy, gave them their own identity, ramped up the darkness and is pretty much one of the only spin off success stories. And that's for a reason, because Angel was fucking awesome. In the last series, it kind of went over the edge a little, but I love the ending and have written far too many posts about why it's a perfect end to the show. Fuck the comics though.

Game of Thrones was pretty much my most anticipated TV series ever. And it didn't disappoint. I knew fuck all about it beforehand and hadn't ever read the book, but fuck, it blew me away. I honestly think it's one of the best directed shows that I've ever seen, which is wonderful, because it's source material is one that I fucking love. Obviously there are shows that were probably better in many ways for one reason or another, but fuck, none of those shows were pretty much Lord of the Rings with the dark fantasy dial turned up to 11. Wonderful.

Buffy is my #1 forever. I could try and explain why, but I doubt anyone would really get it or agree with me. I just love this show. I grew up on this show. It was pretty much my first obsession, the first nerdy thing I watched, the first show I loved. It pretty much set me on the path to who I am today. I could have been an entirely different person. I might have been an important person! Or not a huge nerd! But fuck, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd still spend those hundreds (yes, hundreds. I am not kidding, I have re-watched this show more times than anyone would ever believe) of hours inside alone watching this show.

1. The Simpsons

2. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

3. Futurama

4. Community

5. Dr. Who

6. Adventure Time

7. Arrested Development

8. The IT Crowd

9. Seinfeld

10. Home Movies

I think that this is the hardest list I have ever had to think up. Once I got past one and two, I really wanted to put almost everything at three and it was a fight to justify putting one before another one.

Simpsons is always going to get top space for me, especially now that I'm back into watching the older episodes, being away from the reruns that I was so used to as a kid/teen due to having no cable. I can marathon that show, know every line and still not become sick of it. Say what you will about what the show has become, there are more amazing seasons of that show that have surpassed just about anything else that I could think of here. And I think the show can still be quite good, but it's so focused on guest stars and building the shows around them that these episodes are few and far between.

It's Always Sunny became a favourite show of mine right off the bat - it's just perfectly my sense of humor and most important it's quotable. A lot of shows lose their place on my list because while good, they just aren't quotable and that means I'm probably not going to discuss them with my friends. South Park falls into this trap, but Sunny.. holy shit, all I have to do is think of a character and dozens of scenes that they were involved in hit me. I quite enjoy the analogy of the The Gang being exactly like Seinfeld - if everyone in Seinfeld was an absolutely horrible person.

Futurama, Community and Dr. Who was an interesting thing to try and match-up for me. Futurama ended up going first because I've been watching it the longest, it's stayed fresh and very, very good for a long time and it doesn't look like it's slowing down any time soon. Community and Dr. Who are both relatively new to me but when it comes down to it, if given the choice I'd probably watch an episode of Community before going through an arc on Dr. Who so it's a matter of how the shows run and my preference I suppose.

I hate, hate, hate having Adventure Time as low as it is because I really could have it in my top three at any one point. It's probably my most watched show due to the short episodes and how easy it is to have them playing in the background. Amazing voice talent and a back story and continuing lore that kicks most other animated shows in the ass.

Arrested Development died way too early and I am pretty pumped for new stuff to come out. It's a masterfully crafted, fully quotable show and it kills me again that I have to put it this low.

The IT Crowd is a marvel in the fact that I have seen each episode of it at least 20 times and I really think the show could've done with full seasons. I'm gutted that it's been put down.

Seinfeld I grew up watching. It's one of the oldest shows on here (considering that I've only been watching Modern Who) and it pretty much set me up to understand and have a kickass sense of humor.

Home Movies is just a guilty pleasure that I found out about far too late. Season 4 of that show is amongst one of the best seasons of any show on here.

1. Friends

2. Frasier

3. Blackadder

4. The Simpsons

5. LOST

6. Doctor Who

7. Scrubs

8. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

9. Futurama

10. South Park

Based mine a lot on what I rewatched the most, thus the inclusion of a lot of comedy/fun shows over drama. Also, surprised to see The Walking Dead on so many people's lists, considering how much it's been criticised >_>

1. FarScape

2. South Park

3. Monty Python's Flying Circus

4. Twin Peaks

5. Riget (or The Kingdom)

6. Game of Thrones

5. Mystery Science Theater 3000

8. The A-Team

9. X-Files

10. Parks & Recreation

Yeah, I am not the most avid series watcher, hence why there are barely any new series. :shifty: I was going to include TaleSpin because I god damn love that series, but it had to be cut to make room for Game of Thrones. Also, it is a travesty that FarScape hasn't received more votes than it has.

10. Tosh.0

I've been doing a midpoint double-check of the nominations, and I gotta say this one probably stretches the definition of "fictionalized television" (as stated in the rules) a bit too far.

Can you find a replacement?

1. The Simpsons

2. Doctor Who

3. The Walking Dead

4. Blackadder

5. The IT Crowd

6. Dexter

7. The Muppet Show

8. Arrested Development

9. Frasier

10. Oz

1. The Sopranos

2. 24

3. Peep Show

4. Curb your Enthusiasm

5. South Park

6. Lost

7. Scrubs

8. The Office (US)

9. Its Always Sunny

10. The IT Crowd

The Sopranos has to be number 1 for me. The whole show was just great from top to bottom, there was never any doubt what was going to be number 1 for me. The same with 24 just was hooked right from the get go and have never looked back since.

The positions of Peep Show/Curb Your Enthusiasm and South Park was tough in deciding who went were. In the end I thought I made the right choice because I think Peep Show and Curb are really well written shows and the characters are just great to watch and laugh at, whereas with South Park while I love the show I think there are a few hit and miss episodes which kinda let it down sometimes.

Lost in the middle made sense, It started off great but I felt declined somewhat as the series went on, the writers strike didn't help when it was slap bang in the middle but its still a really good show.

The Office (US) when it first came out I thought it'd just be a carbon copy of the original but it grew as a show as did the characters coming up with its own stuff to great success. Scrubs was a show that I can always go back to and watch so it deserved to be in.

Its Always Sunny I only discovered this year but loved it, If I had watched it earlier on when it originally started and grew with it then it would have been higher up but because I only watched it this year while I laughed at it, it doesn't have as much an impact compared to the others on the list.

The IT Crowd as well was a really good tv show, shame it isn't going to be on anymore but you were always guaranteed a laugh whenever you watched it.

Honorable mentions: Breaking Bad (I've only just recently started watching it and if I would have seen more it probably would have made it on the list) Prison Break (Seasons 3 and 4 let it down for me), Misfits, Father Ted, King of Queens, The Simpsons and Futurama

As things have slowed down significantly, I'm bumping the deadline up to this Friday, March 23rd at 11:59:59 PM U.S. Central Time.

Feel free to edit your existing nominations until then. The new deadline will be reflected in the first post.

This is gonna be tough but I'll list and then explain!

1) 24

2) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

3) Heroes

4) Supernatural

5) The Walking Dead

6) Hercules (You know the one that was on the WB)

7) Oz

8) Sliders

9) Star Trek: Voyager

10) Jericho

Let's start at the bottom

Jericho - Alot of people don't remember this show and I personally am guilty of missing it when it was on. It only aired for one season but this is All Time Favorite Show and this makes my top 10. The female characters would piss you off but ALL of the male characters were so good in their acting and the story development. The season finale actually got some tears. It had an abbreviated 6 episode second season but it just didn't feel the same and wasn't the following year from when this aired.

Star Trek: Voyager - One of my favorite shows from my youth. I was a bit of a geek back in the day lol. All I can say is it's Mother Duckin Star Trek!

Sliders - This show would've been farther up the list if they didn't BUTCHER it in Seasons 4 and 5!! It's like as they moved forward and got better special effects. The show got WORSE! This show peaked in Season 3 with Arturo dying and it went into a nosedive after that. Great show nevertheless though!

Oz - Gritty prison drama that while if your a homophobe, you wouldn't have liked it. Overall was very well written and acted. Good twists and the only show I would consider a hit for HBO until the Sopranos came around. Which by the way does not make my list!

Hercules - This show is another childhood show that I watched religiously. Even for it's do gooder storylines and overall sappy messages. I liked it alot and really enjoyed it. Though also realized how hokey it was when I tried to watch it recently

The Walking Dead - One of the few shows on my list to currently be airing new episodes. I just love this show and everything about it...except Lori but i'll forgive that.

Supernatural - I agree with others that this show has been allowed to go on too long. It was brilliant for i'd say five seasons. After Sam leaps into the pit with Satan inside of him and with his newly found brother (with the angel Michael inside of him) This is where the series should've ended. Instead we have more after this and it hasn't been as good. My now ex girlfriend said it best. It's hard to get too emotional about things that happen to the boys because you know they wont die or if they do. They'll find a way to come back. That does ring true here

Heroes - I thought that this show still had more life in it when they put a fork in it. I really loved most parts of it. Though they did realize that they super powered up Peter Petrelli too much and were working to find ways around it for parts of seasons 2 and 3. The writing got a bit eh there but Seasons 1 and 4 were brilliantly written and overall I really liked this show

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - One of the rare shows to end when the time is right. It was just starting to run on a bit too long when they ended it. It left some people wanting more but it was probably a season too long here too honestly. But besides that, it was well written and made you care about all the characters. Unlike alot of shows that only want you to care about a select few.

24 - This show blows all of the other nine on this list out of the water for me. I'm criminal of boycotting this show for it's first four seasons. I didn't want to "Bandwagon" onto it like so many people were. My dad got the first four seasons on DVD for x-mas before Season 5 came out. We watched the first couple episodes and good god we were hooked.

We got sucked into watching all four seasons in the three weeks before the new season started. Tears and cheers alike during this time. We loved us some Jack Bauer! Then we started watching Season 5 and Palmer, Tony and Michelle eat it in the first two minutes. One of the handful of times I can recall EVER getting shocked watching TV. This is a series that I was left wanting more everytime an episode ended. Was very attached to all the characters in varying degrees but Kiefer Sutherland sucked me into loving Jack Bauer and if 24 doesn't win this tournament..I F**KIN RIOT! :)

Anyway that's my top ten nominations...lol