2012 MLB Thread

She just dropped a post professing her appreciation of both young studs and Wood and you dig back a page for a Dickey joke? Trying too hard here Midg.

She just dropped a post professing her appreciation of both young studs and Wood and you dig back a page for a Dickey joke? Trying too hard here Midg.

Wood & Prior? Old studness.

R.A.? Co-leader in the majors in wins? Fourth-best ERA in the bigs? Yeah, that's new Dickness right there. That's her thing.

Alternately: She's RA-RA for Dickey! :shifty:

Not until he cuts that long hair, stops doing drugs, and comes out against gay marriage.

The demise of Lincecum is a mystery. Cain was always the safer bet for a guy to build a rotation around, but Lincecum had some nasty stuff in '08 and '09 and was really good in '10 and '11 too. They were wise to wait, but I didn't expect it to end up like this for Tim. He's thrown away a hundred million dollars at least this season if he can't get it together.

And his ERA if you take out the Atlanta game is 1.33 - holy shit.

Sunday will be interesting. Going up against the Yankees who are familiar with hitting a knuckleball and in general always seem to find a way to piss in the Mets' Cheerios. My head tells me that Dickey is due for a bad one at some point - hope I'm wrong and he proceeds to no-hit them or something.

I remember talking about the Mets with a good buddy of mine before the season. I told him that I think Niese would represent them in the All-Star Game and he predicted that Dickey would be a CY Young candidate.

I told him he had no clue what he was talking about.

This is gonna sound dumb, but does Dickey still throw the knuckleball? Two walks with a pitch that not even the pitcher knows where it'll end up is DANG impressive. Of course I haven't watched any of his games in awhile so I'm not sure if he stil relies on that pitch.

This is gonna sound dumb, but does Dickey still throw the knuckleball? Two walks with a pitch that not even the pitcher knows where it'll end up is DANG impressive. Of course I haven't watched any of his games in awhile so I'm not sure if he stil relies on that pitch.

Yeah he does. Oriole hitters were completely fooled all night. My dad and I were watching the game and it turned into us just going "Wow" to like every pitch he threw.

I would say he throws it at least 85% of the time. The difference is he throws it harder than anyone else ever has, and that may be why it doesn't float in and out of the strike zone as much as previous knuckleballs. Here's a stat that explains it a bit better, "R.A. Dickey threw 35 knuckleballs at 80 MPH or higher, the third straight start in which he's thrown at least 30 knuckleballs at that speed. Before those three starts, his previous high in a start was 17 such pitches. Dickey has thrown 106 knuckleballs at 80 MPH or higher in his last three starts; he threw 100 over his first 11."

I just heard Dickey's life story on ESPN. :crying: God bless you for making it sir!

What is his life story?