Total Recall

Your Mom

We can use this to talk about the new movie too I guess. I don't know too much about it yet. The real point of the thread though is we just watched the old one today. I've seen it before but I've always wondered. Was it all just a Rekall dream or is he really a super spy from Mars? What do you guys think?

It'll probably be alright, but the concept disgusts me. No Michael Ironside also disgusts me. Some things don't need remakes, even if you do put John Cho in.

The concept is to make a more faithful adaption of the book. I'd say as far as remakes go, Total Rekall is a good choice. The original exists as an Arnie film and it'll always be wonderful, but there's a lot more you could do with it than just that.

And considering Bryan Cranston is playing the role Ironside had (I think?), I'd say it's a fair trade.

It'll probably be alright, but the concept disgusts me. No Michael Ironside also disgusts me. Some things don't need remakes, even if you do put John Cho in.

The concept is to make a more faithful adaption of the book. I'd say as far as remakes go, Total Rekall is a good choice. The original exists as an Arnie film and it'll always be wonderful, but there's a lot more you could do with it than just that.

And considering Bryan Cranston is playing the role Ironside had (I think?), I'd say it's a fair trade.

Actually, according to Kate Beckinsale the Lori character in the upcoming adaptation is an amalgamation of Lori and Richter from the original film. Cranston is playing Vilos Cohaagen.

That said, I've never actually seen all of the original but am looking forward to the new one. I'm a big fan of Colin Farrell's recent choice of roles so that, coupled with Cranston's involvement, makes me optimistic about it.

Cranston is Ronny Cox.

And a more faithful adaptation? Go ahead, read "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale". It'd be a thirty minute movie, if that. This is just a remake of a movie based loosely based on a short story, nothing more.

But was he really a spy??? :crying:

There never really was an answer, so we'll probably never know (unless I've missed something). There's numerous theories out there, most pointing to it not being real. I've always wondered the same ever since I see the movie, I think it was always their aim to have it this way, there's little hints here and there that try to swing it both ways.

Anyway, I love Farrell and the trailer actually looked really good, but it's tough to believe this will be anywhere near close to the original, which is pretty much a classic.

No fucking Mars is pretty annoying though. Seriously, no Mars? :(

Edited by JohnnyPerfect