The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I'm just thinking now about Liverpool and transfers.

I assume the Elm deal is done? There have been reports we want Clint Dempsey, Gaston Rameirez and Luuk De Jong.

Sadly, I can see Maxi out. Reports saying he wants to cancel his contract. There have been rumors on Kuyt too. I really hope we can keep Dirk at the least. Joe Cole has said a permanent move to France would be fine with him, and he'd take a pay cut. Aquiliani will probably go out on loan again unless anyone wants to buy him. Fabio Aurelio will almost certainly be gone.

A lot could depend on if Kenny Dalglish is manager this time next week as regards who goes, who stays and who comes in.

Ideally, I'd like rid of Downing (if the clubs ambitions are top four, Downing won't help us there), Joe Cole and probably want to cut the losses on Aquilani. As much as I want to see Alberto Aquilani Liverpool player work out, he's very injury prone. I'd probably cut Nathan Eccelston too from the reserves, I just don't see much good in him and I would bring Pacheco back to the club.

In my dreams, I would swap Cole for Eden Hazard. :shifty: But I like the sound of the people we're apparently interested in. I also like the idea of singing Junior Hoilet because he is obviously going to go somewhere in the summer.

Edit: Oh and on the kids names, my sister had to veto her boyfriend's suggestion of Xabi (after Xabi Alonso) for their baby's name.

Judging by the wave as he came off last night I'd assume Maxi's gone. I also like the idea of singing Junior Hoilett, but what do you think he'd sing?

I now constantly try to convince Mrs C that our Emily is named after Emre, she's the most racist four month old I know.

• Like 2

• Admin

I'm just thinking now about Liverpool and transfers.

I assume the Elm deal is done? There have been reports we want Clint Dempsey, Gaston Rameirez and Luuk De Jong.

Sadly, I can see Maxi out. Reports saying he wants to cancel his contract. There have been rumors on Kuyt too. I really hope we can keep Dirk at the least. Joe Cole has said a permanent move to France would be fine with him, and he'd take a pay cut. Aquiliani will probably go out on loan again unless anyone wants to buy him. Fabio Aurelio will almost certainly be gone.

A lot could depend on if Kenny Dalglish is manager this time next week as regards who goes, who stays and who comes in.

Ideally, I'd like rid of Downing (if the clubs ambitions are top four, Downing won't help us there), Joe Cole and probably want to cut the losses on Aquilani. As much as I want to see Alberto Aquilani Liverpool player work out, he's very injury prone. I'd probably cut Nathan Eccelston too from the reserves, I just don't see much good in him and I would bring Pacheco back to the club.

In my dreams, I would swap Cole for Eden Hazard. :shifty: But I like the sound of the people we're apparently interested in. I also like the idea of singing Junior Hoilet because he is obviously going to go somewhere in the summer.

Edit: Oh and on the kids names, my sister had to veto her boyfriend's suggestion of Xabi (after Xabi Alonso) for their baby's name.

Judging by the wave as he came off last night I'd assume Maxi's gone. I also like the idea of singing Junior Hoilett, but what do you think he'd sing?

I now constantly try to convince Mrs C that our Emily is named after Emre, she's the most racist four month old I know.

Why would Hoilett need to sing? :/

I hope Dempsey doesn't end up at Liverpool. I don't think he's going to get what he mostly wants there.

Going from Fulham to Liverpool is barely even a step-up these days. :/

Depending on Sundays games it could be a fact :w00t:

But unfortunately it probably won't be. I can't decide what I want more, Spurs finishing higher than Arsenal, or Fulham finishing higher than Liverpool.

• Admin
Mali midfielder Bakaye Traore, 27, has signed for Italian giants AC Milan, his French club AS Nancy have announced. The Eagle joins the seven-time European champions on a three-year deal. Nancy's website stated that Traore agreed a move in April but was only keen for the move to become public once the club assured its Ligue 1 status.

He's not even remotely good enough though, he's had a decent season at times in the Belgian Pro League this year but if he goes to Real Madrid to sometimes maybe sit on the bench then he's just going to completely stagnate. If Real Madrid come calling then he's most likely off but I can't see it being much else than a waste of talent for a player who could play regularly for a better team than Anderlecht but just not at the elite level.

I can't see us going for him, barring whisperings of Cisse last summer (and that was as second choice behind Maiga) our transfer dealings are hush hush these days, and need to remain so given that people have now seen Carr is god. Last year Gervinho was the big rumour and people were gutted we didn't get him, can't say I'm too fussed now.

• Like 1