The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of celebrating fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have called time on an eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is player-coach.

I'd leave if I was him, his Chelsea career isn't going to end on a better note than Saturday night. Got the goal to send them through to extra time in the CL final and then scores the winning penalty. Leave on a high.

Exactly. Not too many players get to end on that kind of note and Drogba has had a fantastic end of season despite average performances for the previous year and a half. Totally deserves this kind of send off and at least it'll mean Torres won't be leaving (I hope). If he stayed, I think it would only tarnish things for him.

Drogba has done what Zidane should have done, I don't think any player will ever be able to leave a club or retire in such a fantastic way again, I mean scoring the winning goal in a Champions League final and giving your team their first ever trophy in it, just a fantastic high to leave on and go join your mate out in China.

Drogba has done what Zidane should have done, I don't think any player will ever be able to leave a club or retire in such a fantastic way again, I mean scoring the winning goal in a Champions League final and giving your team their first ever trophy in it, just a fantastic high to leave on and go join your mate out in China.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND !

Le Sulk !

• Admin
Grant Holt will hold talks with Norwich City on Monday in an attempt to resolve his dispute with the club.

Holt's agent Lee Payne told BBC Radio Norfolk that the striker handed in a transfer request following a number of disagreements with the Canaries.

"If they ever come out in the wash, I'm sure everybody will understand why he did what he did," said Payne.

Norwich rejected the transfer request from their 31-year-old top goalscorer on Friday.

The club's chief executive, David McNally, denied there was any rift with the player in a post on Twitter on Saturday.

"We have not had an argument or row with any player including Grant," he said.

But he will nevertheless meet Holt at 16:00 BST on Monday and Payne is hopeful that matters can be resolved.

"It's been a difficult few days really. It's not a decision Grant's made overnight. It's something that's been ongoing for a little while now," he said.

"He loves the club. He loves the fans. I think the fans love him. He's had a tremendous three years and he just feels it was a decision he had no other choice to make at this stage.

"It's a decision he felt he had to make and I'm standing with him 100% on it. There have been some things that have gone that we felt were not right.

"That's what we're going to resolve with David McNally."

Holt surprised Canaries fans with his decision to ask for a transfer, following three year consecutive seasons of finishing as the Carrow Road side's top scorer.

He netted 17 times in the most recent campaign, 15 of which were scored in the Premier League.

Payne, a former Newcastle United winger, added: "Why would he not want to stay? His family is here. He's had a fantastic time at the club.

"But things have to be done correctly and professionally and Grant feels over the last couple of months some comments have been made and things have been said that are very unfair.

"It's not about money. It's not all about money. Obviously money comes into the scenario - it always does.

"Players like to feel like they're being valued and being respected. There's a couple of issues Grant's not happy with and feels they need resolving."

I read a few comments on a Norwich blog about Holt being upset cause the Norwich player Tierney has been dropped for shagging Morison's wife and Holt isn't happy with how the situation has been handled, could have been just wild speculation though.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is moving in on Brazilian superstar Leandro Damiao - despite their Champions League pain.

Redknapp sent top spy Ian Broomfield to watch the £15 million-rated hit man in action for his club Internacional in South America last night.

The long-distance trek is for one final report on Damiao deciding whether to blow the budget on the tall, prolific front runner rather than Emmanuel Adebayor or Frenchman Loic Remy.

Supremo Daniel Levy is ready for a plunge after Spurs finished fourth but cruelly missed out on the lucrative Champions League because of Chelsea’s success.

Adebayor is available to Tottenham, but his Manchester City wages and the cost of a fee makes it a hard deal for Tottenham - although they could use him if the price is right in a swap for Gareth Bale.

If so it's about time Leandro finally came to Spurs. I believe we always get first refusal on Internacional players.