The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

“It’s especially tough on Ryan Giggs. He knows the end is near, he doesn’t need Dimi to give him a different Kafka story every week.”

:lol:

I started off thinking "yeah, this is just stupid", but found it fairly amusing by the end.

• Admin

Burnley have accepted a £7m bid from Southampton for striker Jay Rodriguez, BBC Sport understands.

There's also talk that Swansea want to take Giovani dos santos on loan from us for the last year of his contract. Brendan Rodgers watched him play very well for Mexico against Wales the other day. Personally I'd much rather we got rid of him permanently now rather than for nothing next summer.

Sheffield United goalkeeper Steve Simonsen has confirmed to BBC Radio Sheffield that he is being released by the club this summer. Serves him right for fluffing that penalty!

Preston have taken their tally of summer signings to 11 with the arrivals of Lee Holmes, John Mousinho and Jeffrey Monakana on free transfers. After allowing 21 players to leave the club at the end of the campaign, Westley has been busy in the transfer market as he prepares for his first full season with Preston. There are also deals in place to sign John Welsh, Nicky Wroe, Shane Cansdell-Sherriff, Paul Huntington, David Buchanan, David Amoo, Richard Wright and Scott Laird.

Based on the alleged remarks to Zokora? Or was there another incident I'm unaware of.

There were similar allegations while at Newcastle, can't remember who was involved. Neither were proved as far as I know. I love Emre as a player though, genuine shame he joined us in such a rubbish period.

I think it was against someone who played for Everton or something, it was dropped because two different players who heard it couldn't give a correct account of what was actually said.

One player said that the phrase was "You fucking nigger"

The other said that the phrase was "You fucking negro"

Which was apparently enough to rip up the case :/

Doesn't he only have 12 months left on his deal as well? Crazy. I mean, he's a good young player but £7m is a lot of money for him.

Yeah, I think it's one of those situations where clubs know Southampton have money so they'll be rinsed in any bids they make. My Southampton supporting housemates always mention that Rory Delap is still their record transfer though, so if that's true I don't blame them for spunking 7M on the first decent player they find :shifty: