The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Much as I obviously missed a treat last night and the majority of his rambling is madness, Danny Simpson is rubbish. Stats don't lie, but stats on clearance numbers and tackle completion hide his complete lack of decision making ability regards positioning and when to tackle, block etc. He's by far the weak link of the team.

• Like 1

• Admin
Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Crewe's highly rated 18-year-old forward Nick Powell.

The clubs have agreed a £4m fee for Powell, whose representatives are finalising the contract, and United hope to complete a deal this week.

A fee of £2m will be paid immediately, with the rest based on appearances and success at Old Trafford.

Powell is an England Under-18 international and scored 16 goals in 45 matches for Crewe last season.

United are thought to be leading a host of clubs keen to sign Powell, who scored a spectacular goal to open the scoring in last month's 2-0 League Two play-off final victory over Cheltenham at Wembley.

Crewe boss Steve Davis said: "Nick is still with us, but I am sure talks are still ongoing with his agent and clubs.

"I still envisage him leaving us this summer, but if it doesn't happen then we would welcome him back for pre-season. We'll see what happens this week because obviously I would like to know as soon as possible if we are moving forward without him or not."

Davis dismissed the possibility of Powell signing for United and then being loaned back to Alex to gain match experience in League One.

"One thing I can confirm is that he won't be coming back here on loan," he said.

"That wouldn't be part of it because we want to bring in a replacement of our own and give our own players, such as [fellow England Under-18 forward] Max Clayton, a chance."

Guest mr. potato head

7m for Jay Rodriguez seems crazy for me. But then I guess I shouldn't be begrudging BURNLEY :D BURNLEY :D whatever money they can get. Good deal for them.

Also noticed Surprisingly Capable Left-Back In FM 2011 Joe Mattock sent to Sheffield Wednesday on a free.

Much as I obviously missed a treat last night and the majority of his rambling is madness, Danny Simpson is rubbish. Stats don't lie, but stats on clearance numbers and tackle completion hide his complete lack of decision making ability regards positioning and when to tackle, block etc. He's by far the weak link of the team.

FINALLY someone agreed with me. We just need to take out the madness thing and it'll be alright. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I support this team since I saw Bobby Robson coaching this team back in early 2004 and Shearer tearing it up.

Please, tell me more about the years and years you have spent as a suffering Newcastle fan.

Also, Adkins needs to maybe start buying some players with top flight experience. £7 million for Jay Rodriguez is madness, especially when he already has two better strikers than him in his squad at present.

Please, tell me more about the years and years you have spent as a suffering Newcastle fan.

Well, you can say the years of mid-table obscurity since Mike Ashley took over, paying lots of money for overrated players at the time?

Relegation to the npower Championship with a team that could possibly stay in the mid-table spot for another year?

• Like 2

Well, you can say the years of mid-table obscurity since Mike Ashley took over, paying lots of money for overrated players at the time?

Relegation to the npower Championship with a team that could possibly stay in the mid-table spot for another year?

Be quiet. Forever.

Be quiet. Forever.

Yes, alright. Your opinion is always the best, right? Why don't you become a coach then? Why don't you become a pundit then if you think your opinion is any better than mine? I see football one way, you see it other way. Guess what, I bet you're one of those englishmen that think that just because you're the country that has the most rich league in the world and the coutnry that created football, incredibly only winning one goddamn World Cup with luck. Yet, English are always right about what they say. Always make the choices that make sense, always know how the game is played, but still, only one world cup, and disappointment every single year, and 2012 won't be any different. People say 'oh, english clubs have won champions league several times', but without english coaches and with a few good exceptions, a few english players.

I come here, tell what I think about the foreign team i support the most since my early teenage years but NOOOOOOO, It's the wrong opinion. He shouldn't say such things, oooooooooooh, his opinion is so wrong, he doesn't make sense at all. But sometimes football doesn't make sense, and that's why I love this sport.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 2

Hey look! That guy from Brazil goes off on crazy inaccurate rants. Fun!

Hey look! Another asshole!

I'm a nice person! Nothing you say makes any sense and you can't except being told you're wrong.

• Like 1