The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Fabio on loan to QPR.

Rafael's sibling Fabio is set to head out on loan next season to build up his first-team experience and is being lined up for a switch to QPR.

Fabio has made 53 appearances for United and was a target for Benfica, but Pereira says staying in the Premier League will be more beneficial for the defender's long-term career.

Pereira added: "Fabio is a promising player and he needs to play. Because of that, Alex Ferguson suggested that he be loaned out to get more experience.

"He is a sought-after player because he is still young, and we think that his transfer to QPR was the best decision at the time.

"We received some offers from Germany and Portugal, but he preferred to stay in England to remain in touch with the country's football style and so that he would not have a problem to adapt to it when he returned to United."

I suspect that means we're in the market for a left back. I think the experience will be good for him, his major problem has been that he's rather injury prone, also it will be interesting to see if they use him as a left back or a left winger as he's certainly got a lot of attacking potential.

Sky Sports reporting Lille have turned down a £4m bid from Newcastle for Debuchy. Pinch of salt as its 'Sky sources', but if so move on to the next one...

Also being reported in the Daily Fail who inform me that 'cash rich' PSG have rejected a derisory bid for a Lille player. All dirty foreigners are the same I guess.

Edited by Colly

Apparently Remi Garde insinuated that they may have got the wrong player. That said they let Cabaye go for £4m so it's not like they always get the correct value for a player they sell. :shifty:

Edited by IAceI

We've just signed Norwich's Adam Drury.

More importantly, we've signed a player :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: At this rate of one signing per month we might have enough players to be able to field a starting 11 by the time the season starts.

Edit: I can't not post this brilliant quote from WACCOE...

I love Leeds as much as the next man but after watching Euro 2012 and the class involved you have to admit that signing Adam Drury is a bit of a comedown.

He's right, why have we not signed Muller and Iniesta? Fuck this club.

I was a huge fan of the Pogrebnyak signing for Fulham when it happened, and was happily proved right.

However, if this is true:

Pogrebnyak is out of contract this summer, and it has been reported newly-promoted Reading are poised to sign him up on a four-year deal worth around £65,000-a-week after the striker turned down an offer from the Cottagers.

Then fuck right off.