The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

We all thought he was going to Swansea, then Liverpool but it seems Siggurdson goes to Spurs who have no manager.

That doesn't seem like a smart move to me. What if the guy that comes in doesn't fancy him?

Feyenoord midfielder Karim El Ahmadi has confirmed that he is set to join Premier League side Aston Villa.

The 27-year-old Morocco international has just a year left on his current deal at De Kuip and he had been in talks over an extension.

But new Villa boss Paul Lambert has made his move for the midfielder and now El Ahmadi has revealed he is set to seal a 'dream' move.

"This is a dream for every player. I hope it will go through," he told RTV Rijnmond.

"I was on the verge of extending my contract but then this came along. I am 27, that's an age where you can look for a new challenge.

"For me the Premier League is the best league in the world. I didn't have to think long about it."

El Ahmadi is already in England as he awaits confirmation of an agreement between both clubs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7842605/

We all thought he was going to Swansea, then Liverpool but it seems Siggurdson goes to Spurs who have no manager.

That doesn't seem like a smart move to me. What if the guy that comes in doesn't fancy him?

Not an issue, Spurs are just waiting for Rodgers to leave Liverpool around Christmas. Ossie Ardiles for caretaker in the meantime. You heard it here first!

I would love Roy Evans back at Liverpool! Three at the back attacking football ahoy!

As for Sigi - it's the kind of signing you'd like to have but not one you're broken up about not getting. Does add to my conundrum of hating Spurs but liking the majority of their players, though.

Feyenoord midfielder Karim El Ahmadi has confirmed that he is set to join Premier League side Aston Villa.

The 27-year-old Morocco international has just a year left on his current deal at De Kuip and he had been in talks over an extension.

But new Villa boss Paul Lambert has made his move for the midfielder and now El Ahmadi has revealed he is set to seal a 'dream' move.

"This is a dream for every player. I hope it will go through," he told RTV Rijnmond.

"I was on the verge of extending my contract but then this came along. I am 27, that's an age where you can look for a new challenge.

"For me the Premier League is the best league in the world. I didn't have to think long about it."

El Ahmadi is already in England as he awaits confirmation of an agreement between both clubs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7842605/

Told you :P

I would love Roy Evans back at Liverpool! Three at the back attacking football ahoy!

As for Sigi - it's the kind of signing you'd like to have but not one you're broken up about not getting. Does add to my conundrum of hating Spurs but liking the majority of their players, though.

Pretty similar story for me. Would have him at the club but not really upset that he's not coming, would rather we concentrate on sorting out other positions first.

Liverpool have released Nathan Eccleston. Which doesn't surprise me.

There really is not much solid news on Liverpool transfers. We keep getting linked with Scott Sinclair, Siggurdson, Boroni and such Rodgers Swansea guys. None of those are going to happen.

Daniel Sturridge is another we keep getting linked to. Curiously I've read that in a Siggurdson reversal story Liverpool are trying to get Adebeyor from Man City and away from Spurs.

Take most of it with a pinch of salt but if the last one was true it would be funny given the apparent circumstances.

*Borini :shifty:

I read the other day that Man City were ready to take Sergi Samper from Barcelona, and offer him a place in the first team. I also read that Sunderland were ready to 'gobble up' Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

I love transfer rumours.