The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

At least Blackburn got Murphy that's a good signing.... Nuno Gomes will probably be on daft wages but might be able to give them a bit of experience and may pop up with the odd goal and Best while 3mil is rather silly, its a move that could be a decent signing as it'll let him develop more as a player with the more first team experience he'll get.

In defense of Leon Best (someone has to) I reckon he'll do a right job at Blackburn if he stays fit. His Premier League record is better than 1 in 3 despite never having a long run in the side and a poor spell when he struggled to gel with Ba (who was scoring loads, some with Bests help). Outside of that having watched him for three seasons he genuinely looks a proper footballer, great with the ball at his feet and a fantastic finisher. He's not as good in the air or strong as he maybe looks like he should be, but use him to his strengths and he'll get double figures at very least.

£3m is half a mil less than we supposedly paid for him as a 23 year old, and while its not bargain of the century I don't think its overpriced whatsoever. Goes to place bet on Blackburn league winners...

16.35 BST Newcastle are closing in on a £5 million deal for FC Twente's Brazilian defender Douglas, according to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

... that'd be a great signing.

That would be Douglas Marco Texeira (sp?) for those who find themselves checking FM and finding about 30 different players >_>. Never seen him play to be honest, but I now have faith in Newcastle's scouts to do the goods.

Apparently Newcastle is still after Vurnon Anita, but now Sunderland have joined them.

That''s like asking someone to choose between getting sucked off by three Playboy bunnies or getting your nuts stamped on from a great height...

• Like 1

Apparently Newcastle is still after Vurnon Anita, but now Sunderland have joined them.

That''s like asking someone to choose between getting sucked off by three Playboy bunnies or getting your nuts stamped on from a great height...

Stay or go to either.

• Like 6

How the mighty have fallen: Robbie Blake to Doncaster on a free.

Excuse me, we've had noted footballing superstars like El-Hadji Diouf and Chris Kirkland down here the last 12 months, I'll have you know :angry: .

Jacob Butterfield has joined Norwich, hasn't played in 2012 yet though through injury. Compensation still to be agreed between the two clubs apparently.

Anyone know if the lads decent?

He's a brilliant young player, very much looking forward to seeing if he can get it done in the Premier League.