The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

According to Wikipedia he's scored 11 goals in his 17 starts for his current team (universidad), and has goals at evey level for Chile (except senior).

But would be interested to hear if any one has actually seen him play

He plays for my local team so, yes. He is a fucking beast, I think he has hreat future ahead as long as he plays first team football. He scores his first goal 3 minutes after he came off bench for the first time. There is a lot of videos of his goals in Youtube

Thanks, I will have a look

I just don't know what to believe regarding RVP to United any more. He's been scheduled for a medical in Manchester for the last two weeks according to some sources. It'll be great if we get him but until it's confirmed on United's website then I'm not believing anything.

22.5m for RVP is a steal. Despite his catalogue of injuries, he's coming off the back of an excellent season at Arsenal. And we all know how a successful EPL season can bloat a transfer fee.

Very True, I'm not doubting he's a good player who had a great last season, but he is 29 and on the back end of his prime (unless Ryan Giggs convinces him to join him selling his soul to the devil), I always though Fergie was a man who built for the future, beyond 2, 3 seasons I don't see RVP as a permanent Team player. Then again, if he's awesome for 2,3 seasons then the 22.5mil will all be worth it.

Hernandez and Welbeck would get plenty of games if RVP joined. Just look back at great United teams of the Fergie era, they always have top quality strikers in them. Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer and Sheringham in '99 and Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Barbatov in 08/09. 2012 with Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck could be mouth watering...

Hernandez and Welbeck would get plenty of games if RVP joined. Just look back at great United teams of the Fergie era, they always have top quality strikers in them. Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer and Sheringham in '99 and Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Barbatov in 08/09. 2012 with Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck could be mouth watering...

Has Berbatov left?

Everything I see about Berbatov leaving United (Galatasaray, PSG so far) seems to fall through, I could see him still being at United in September. A real shame as I felt he was a better partner to Hernandez than Rooney and when he was allowed to play he showed that he was capable of being a first team player.

For every Hernandez, there's a Kleberson!

Kleberson is my true inspiration to play football. Won a World Cup, played in one of the biggest clubs in the world, played at the team with most fans in the country, is actually making R$300.000/week at Bahia, and yet he sucks that much.

• Like 1

It says alot about United's strike force that Berba was 4th choice striker last year. Also shows that Sir Alex can definitely be a bit of a dick. I'd happily see him make a return to Spurs - surely you could pick him dead cheap.

True, Fergie I guess is just building Hernandez and Welbeck by giving them 1st team experience, because they are the future. Berbs has won his trophies, probs will go for like 2mil and a wage cut. Tottenham would be a great choice, team in transition, a veteran to coach new strikers for the club and solid 1st team choice.