The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Na, they've been linked for a while. Strange he'd choose em over Spurs and Liverpool, but money talks.

Not sure if Rodgers wanted him. Could very well have been a Dalglish target. There was a big interest in players from Uruaguay (Suarez, Coates and we affiliated with a club over there) while he and Comoli were around.

• Admin
Fulham boss Martin Jol has confirmed Clint Dempsey wants to leave and they will sell him for the right price.

Jol said the United States forward was not in the squad for Saturday's match against Norwich.

He told a pre-match news conference: "If we get the right price for Clint we will sell him. If not, he will stay."

Dempsey pulled out of Fulham's pre-season training camp in Switzerland and Jol said he had not been involved with the London club for a month.

Jol added: "I would like to keep him, but I think it's impossible. It's a sad and an almost embarrassing situation."

Jol warned the club would sell Dempsey - but not at any price.

"I can assure you that our chairman is strong enough. At first we didn't want to get rid of him, later on we had to change our position.

"But our view is that we won't let Clint Dempsey go on the cheap, that's for sure."

Tony Pulis says that Stoke City are still interested in signing free agent Michael Owen.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he is waiting to see if he can sign Tottenham's Jermain Defoe and Stoke's Kenwyne Jones.

Former Blackburn and Crystal Palace striker Shefki Kuqi has joined Hibernian on a one-year deal.

Supposedly according to some rumours, Alex Song leaving Arsenal is going to be confirmed this weekend or Monday.

Also I wish we'd just hurry up and get Dempsey.