EWR 2012 Stats Update: May ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

This is my first attempt at figuring stats for a wrestler. I know he was trained by Delirious and from the few matches I've seen he pretty much acts like him so I copied Delirious stats and adjusted them down to account for his lack of experience. I searched for his age/birth month but couldn't find anything and Cagematch doesn't have any records of him wrestling this year.

Name: Prof. Milo Shizo

Short Name: M. Shizo

Weight: Lightweight

Age: 24??? (He competed in Chikara's YLC last year so he's at least under 25)

Birthday: ???

Brawl: 44

Speed: 66

Technical: 44

Stiffness: 48

Selling: 62

Over: 23

Charisma: 55

Attitude: 76

Behavior: 76

Wage: $3k

Relationships: Loyalty to Delirious

Nationality: American

Speaks: No (can't find any interviews)

Primary Finisher: Bi-Buster (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Tri-Tripper (Impact)

After watching a couple matches on youtube, I would adjust his stats a bit:

B: 39

S: 56

T: 50

Stiff: 39

Also, the whole "under 25" thing isn't always legitimate, but in this case I'd guess you are right. He started wrestling in 2010, so I'd place him probably around 20-24. He used to run a promotion called HWA (not THAT HWA), which has since closed, so check Booker. Also, last I heard he has retired due to injury, so make him a non-wrestler.

Kris: Mascarita Dorada is already at 94 speed. Should he really be 96? He's already tied for the highest speed with Sin Cara (both at 94). Seems a little excessive.

Mascarita Dorada is one of the most incredible speed-based workers in the world today. I'd definitely say he deserves to be a little higher than Sin Cara.

However, the way the speed stat works in EWR reflects how well they'd perform in a speed-based match - as Dorada is a mini, and this isn't represented in EWR, I'm not sure he could have an exceptionally good speed match (as good as Sin Cara, for example) against a full-sized opponent. So maybe keep it as it is to reflect that discrepancy?

I'd also say that Sin Cara could do with being dropped down a notch or two, though - maybe it's being in WWE, but it's been a long time since he's done anything that would suggest he's amongst the best speed-based wrestlers in the world.

Jack Evans certainly shouldn't have 90+.

I don't think Johnny Gargano's technical needs to be raised - it's not his strongest suit, and at the moment his stats reflect that he's quite a bit above average, but not exceptional. That's fine for me. Plus, I don't think he's done enough since returning from injury to show how much that's affected him long-term - he definitely seems slower and less crisp than he was beforehand, so I'd say leave him as he is for now.

Perhaps not, if he has violated it again then surely that suggests his behavious has just gotten worse from the last point it was changed. I say lower it some more

It's been years since his last violation, or since any reports of his poor behaviour. He's definitely grown up in the last couple of years, and I'd say if anything his behaviour is way too low at the moment. I'd keep it at 67 at the lowest, anything below that would be silly.

So, we are adding a wrestler who has retired through injury and has never been significant?

That seems extremely pointless.

ROH grad and worker of Pro Wrestling Respect. There's always the possibility he will come out of retirement. I would add him just since he has booker checked.

As for Mascarita, I seem to recall him working regular sized people and doing fine, but I may be mistaken.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

WARNING: If you don't want to read this post, DO NOT CLICK SPOILERS!

So, we are adding a wrestler who has retired through injury and has never been significant?

Agree, see lower points for the reasoning

Kris: Mascarita Dorada is already at 94 speed. Should he really be 96? He's already tied for the highest speed with Sin Cara (both at 94). Seems a little excessive.

Mascarita Dorada is one of the most incredible speed-based workers in the world today. I'd definitely say he deserves to be a little higher than Sin Cara.

However, the way the speed stat works in EWR reflects how well they'd perform in a speed-based match - as Dorada is a mini, and this isn't represented in EWR, I'm not sure he could have an exceptionally good speed match (as good as Sin Cara, for example) against a full-sized opponent. So maybe keep it as it is to reflect that discrepancy?

I'd also say that Sin Cara could do with being dropped down a notch or two, though - maybe it's being in WWE, but it's been a long time since he's done anything that would suggest he's amongst the best speed-based wrestlers in the world.

Jack Evans certainly shouldn't have 90+.

I don't think Johnny Gargano's technical needs to be raised - it's not his strongest suit, and at the moment his stats reflect that he's quite a bit above average, but not exceptional. That's fine for me. Plus, I don't think he's done enough since returning from injury to show how much that's affected him long-term - he definitely seems slower and less crisp than he was beforehand, so I'd say leave him as he is for now.

Perhaps not, if he has violated it again then surely that suggests his behavious has just gotten worse from the last point it was changed. I say lower it some more

It's been years since his last violation, or since any reports of his poor behaviour. He's definitely grown up in the last couple of years, and I'd say if anything his behaviour is way too low at the moment. I'd keep it at 67 at the lowest, anything below that would be silly.

Dorada is amazing but so is Sugi San (El Blazer/Yoshitsune/Catfish Man/The Zest/NOIZ/Mini CIMA/ect.) who is lower. I say Sugi San is at least on-par, if NOT better because he works with full-sized wrestlers regularly. Sin Cara is good but he is not the best around. I would put Masato Yoshino above him and Dragon Kid on par with him. (Currently Yoshino is at 91 and Kid is at 93, I would swap those.)

Add Gargano to a list of guys with over inflated stats including Alex Reynolds and John Silver. If you were to stick Reynolds or Silver in WWE developmental, they would get astronomical stats before their overness is ready. Is that realistic, not really. Not sure, try it. Hire them for 6 months and see what happens with their stats in the 60s and an overness in the 10's. <_<

The last thing I remember was getting Anderson fired due to "dropping Orton on his neck from a backdrop suplex" back in 2009, plus killing off Kofi who was white hot in 2009. IMO the guy is trash.

ROH grad and worker of Pro Wrestling Respect. There's always the possibility he will come out of retirement. I would add him just since he has booker checked.

As for Mascarita, I seem to recall him working regular sized people and doing fine, but I may be mistaken.

Dorada has worked ok with say Chi Chi and other "full-sized" WWE guys.

The Tough Enough trainees could always "return," the Diva Search girls could always "return," the models that WWE brought in could always "return" notice a trend here?

A majority of the Tough Enoughers from the first four seasons and to an extent 1,000,000 and the reboot have not returned to wrestling since. Think about it, when was the last time say Nidia, Paulina Gupta, Taylor Mathney, Chris Nifong, Shadrick McGee, Jake Sokoloff, Anni King, Hawk, Linda Miles/Shaniqua, Pete Tornatore, Danny Carney, Jonah Edelman, Scott Chong or Chris Nawrocki was on a card? Maybe tops 8 years ago if you talk about Shaniqua's run in WWE.

Diva Search because a good majority flamed out and never return unless you talk about say a Christy Hemme, Bellas, Maria, Maryse, Rosa Mendes, Lena Yada and Brooke Tessmacher who have done stuff since their diva searches and/or WWE careers ended. (Note: Tiffany never actually wrestled post-WWE.) So that leaves more than half of un-nessicary females from Diva Search in the game.

As for the models, there's a lot of models who WWE has signed outside of Diva Search since it began that would work or not work out so I will not talk about them...

I think that wrestlers who are being entered as a non-worker should either A be a staff member or B not be added.

Edit: Kobald's Demon's Toilet finisher should be a top rope move. It is Doink's old Whoopie Cushion.

Edit from notes in the TEW 05 May Thread: Jillian Hall and Tank Tolland should no longer dating, Jillian's behavior should be dropped by 5 for a Domestic assault charge against he ex (NOT Tolland.) I would change the relationship to friends.

Add The Honky Tonk Kid and The Devine Prophet as alter egos to Honky Tonk Kid.

Apparently Conor O'Brian and Kristin Astara have broken up, I would remove their relationship from the game.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I think that wrestlers who are being entered as a non-worker should either A be a staff member or B not be added.

Problem with that is the fact that there are many "on camera" figures in wrestling that don't wrestle on a regular basis and never really did. John Laurinaitis, Mr. McMahon and Eric Bischoff immediately come to mind, although I'm sure there are more. Simply making them staff members means that they can't be used in angles or matches at all, which is far from realistic. Hell, at this stage of his career, Undertaker only works WrestleMania season... The Rock hasn't been on since WrestleMania. while Triple H has been on camera, he hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania... Should we take these guys off of the game too?

With the Milo Shizo situation, cagematch records his last match taking place on November 5, 2011. It's not like his last match was 10 years ago... He likely won;t be added this month regardless, so that gives us some time to see if we can get more info on his situation.

But, there certainly are instances where someone should be added to the game and labeled as a Non-Wrestler. The simplest example would be Brooke Hogan, who obviously is going to have an on-camera position with TNA, even though multiple outlets have stated that she will not wrestle.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Should we add a "People Power" stable to the game? With John Lauranitis, David Otunga, Eve, and possibly Curt Hawkins and Tyler reks?

There curently is a stable in the game called "The Administration." It has Laurinaitis (Leader) Otunga, Eve and Teddy Long... I could see an argument for adding Big Show, but dunno why Hawkins and Reks would be added (unless something happens on Smackdown tonight and even then, it wouldn't be in the June update). Personally, I don't think the faction itself should be called "People Power," though... It would be like referring to the Obama Administration as "Change we can believe in." That was his campaign slogan, but not the name of the actual group of people... Hope this makes sense.

Extremely minor Smackdown SPOILERS:

Perhaps rename Titus O'Neil and D-Young to the 'Primetime Players'?

Since it's a spoiler and won't air until tonight (June 1) it wouldn't be part of the updates until July 1, since, with the June update starting on June 1, you'd actually be booking tonght's Smackdown... Hope that makes sense.

I'm currently in what I call the "Bells and whistles" stage of the June update. Basically, everything is ready to go, but I want to do a little more work on some things. But, the June Update, barring anything catastrophic, will be up within the next 24 hours.

Here's a couple of things I noticed that I want some quick opinions on... Hopefully quick enough to get the changes in the update:

TNA has ZERO trainers... They also don't have a training camp. Now, I don't watch TNA much (just actually watched last night's show on DVR). Based on what I saw, I'm thinking one of the following should be done:

Idea A:

Give TNA a Training Camp, naming it "TNA Gut Check." Turn D-Lo Brown into a Trainer (he's currently a Road Agent, but Gut Check lists him as the Talent Evaluator) and set his as the Head Trainer of Gut Check.

Idea B:

Set the Team 3D Academy as TNA's Training Camp (Currently, they are the Development Territory, but have no booker). Have "TNA Gut Check" be the Development Territory, while setting D-Lo as the Booker for the Development Territory. We'd have to check Booker for D-Lo, but that probably should be done anyway.

Personally, I think Idea B is the more accurate option. With the Gut Check workers apperaing on Impact, on what seems to be a semi-regular segment, being able to call those workers out of "Development" to the main roster, at least IMO, seems to be the most realistic way to handle it in EWR.

Again, all opinions on this are welcome. I'd like to have some sort of decision by the time I release the June Update.

-Bill

Again, I don't watch TNA a lot, so that's why I'm asking for opinions

Should we add a "People Power" stable to the game? With John Lauranitis, David Otunga, Eve, and possibly Curt Hawkins and Tyler reks?

There curently is a stable in the game called "The Administration." It has Laurinaitis (Leader) Otunga, Eve and Teddy Long... I could see an argument for adding Big Show, but dunno why Hawkins and Reks would be added (unless something happens on Smackdown tonight and even then, it wouldn't be in the June update). Personally, I don't think the faction itself should be called "People Power," though... It would be like referring to the Obama Administration as "Change we can believe in." That was his campaign slogan, but not the name of the actual group of people... Hope this makes sense.

Since it's a spoiler and won't air until tonight (June 1) it wouldn't be part of the updates until July 1, since, with the June update starting on June 1, you'd actually be booking tonght's Smackdown... Hope that makes sense.

I'm currently in what I call the "Bells and whistles" stage of the June update. Basically, everything is ready to go, but I want to do a little more work on some things. But, the June Update, barring anything catastrophic, will be up within the next 24 hours.

Here's a couple of things I noticed that I want some quick opinions on... Hopefully quick enough to get the changes in the update:

TNA has ZERO trainers... They also don't have a training camp. Now, I don't watch TNA much (just actually watched last night's show on DVR). Based on what I saw, I'm thinking one of the following should be done:

Idea A:

Give TNA a Training Camp, naming it "TNA Gut Check." Turn D-Lo Brown into a Trainer (he's currently a Road Agent, but Gut Check lists him as the Talent Evaluator) and set his as the Head Trainer of Gut Check.

Idea B:

Set the Team 3D Academy as TNA's Training Camp (Currently, they are the Development Territory, but have no booker). Have "TNA Gut Check" be the Development Territory, while setting D-Lo as the Booker for the Development Territory. We'd have to check Booker for D-Lo, but that probably should be done anyway.

Personally, I think Idea B is the more accurate option. With the Gut Check workers apperaing on Impact, on what seems to be a semi-regular segment, being able to call those workers out of "Development" to the main roster, at least IMO, seems to be the most realistic way to handle it in EWR.

Again, all opinions on this are welcome. I'd like to have some sort of decision by the time I release the June Update.

-Bill

What I personally would do at least for the June update is leave TNA without a development territory or bookers.

The reason why I would do this is because.

TNA Gut Check is a semi-regular thing it is apart of TNA's monthly weekly big show called Fight Night and it is during this special show that happens once a month that Gut Check happens.

So far there have been two Gut Check's and the first participant of Gut Check I forget his name got a "contract" with TNA while the second Gut Check participant didn't.

Now I don't know this for sure however I am willing to wager that both the past two participants of Gut Check where or are working for OVW who unless I am very much mistaken have a working relationship with TNA at the moment I am also willing to wager that the next participant of Gut Check will be from OVW.

So what I would do is like i said don't give TNA a development or training camp and don't turn any of their staff into trainers.

Just allow the people who download the June update and play as TNA to do what they want as far as how they deal with Gut Check etc is conserned.

BMH

Now I don't know this for sure however I am willing to wager that both the past two participants of Gut Check where or are working for OVW who unless I am very much mistaken have a working relationship with TNA at the moment I am also willing to wager that the next participant of Gut Check will be from OVW.

Alex Silva, the one who got a contract, is currently on the OVW roster. However, Joey Ryan, the one who didn't, I can't find any record of him ever working for OVW...

-Bill

Is this confirmed? A man and woman can attend games together without dating.

From the link:

Back during his 2012 Hall of Fame speech, Edge referenced a "Beth" and it appears he was talking about The Glamazon.

Here's the speech, skip to the 5:10 mark:

It's not concrete evidence, but...

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Problem with that is the fact that there are many "on camera" figures in wrestling that don't wrestle on a regular basis and never really did. John Laurinaitis, Mr. McMahon and Eric Bischoff immediately come to mind, although I'm sure there are more. Simply making them staff members means that they can't be used in angles or matches at all, which is far from realistic. Hell, at this stage of his career, Undertaker only works WrestleMania season... The Rock hasn't been on since WrestleMania. while Triple H has been on camera, he hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania... Should we take these guys off of the game too?

With the Milo Shizo situation, cagematch records his last match taking place on November 5, 2011. It's not like his last match was 10 years ago... He likely won;t be added this month regardless, so that gives us some time to see if we can get more info on his situation.

But, there certainly are instances where someone should be added to the game and labeled as a Non-Wrestler. The simplest example would be Brooke Hogan, who obviously is going to have an on-camera position with TNA, even though multiple outlets have stated that she will not wrestle.

-Bill

I mis-worded it, my apologies. I would say that guys who are retired BEFORE being added should not be added. The Brooke Hogans, Triple Hs, Stephanie McMahons, Rocks, Undertakers, Steve Austins, Terry Funks and those should be in. I would rather see a new staffer be added than a new worker. There are always issues with staff because they are either removed because they return to in-ring action which happens more so with TNA's road agents than WWE.

Reks and Hawkins are "NXT" security thanks to Laurentis so I can see why they COULD be a part of The Administration, though to me that is a loose connection. I would also add Tensai and Sakamoto

I think the name issue is meh. To me the name is not a may spoiler. It might be a "huh" to those who are back logged but that is it.

Idea A:

Idea B:

-Bill

What I personally would do at least for the June update is leave TNA without a development territory or bookers.

The reason why I would do this is because.

TNA Gut Check is a semi-regular thing it is apart of TNA's monthly weekly big show called Fight Night and it is during this special show that happens once a month that Gut Check happens.

So far there have been two Gut Check's and the first participant of Gut Check I forget his name got a "contract" with TNA while the second Gut Check participant didn't.

So what I would do is like i said don't give TNA a development or training camp and don't turn any of their staff into trainers.

Just allow the people who download the June update and play as TNA to do what they want as far as how they deal with Gut Check etc is conserned.

BMH

IMO, this is the best option. TNA's "developmental" is OVW though they only send so many guys down there such as Robbie T, Jessie Godderz and now Alex Silva are at OVW while being under a TNA deal.

Team 3D Academy is not REALLY with TNA either. Some guys have gone to WWE such as Robbie T (went to FCW before debuting in TNA,) Clavin Raines/Patrick Brink/Kaleb O'Neal and Camacho come to mind.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Add a LOVE relationship between Edge and Beth Phoenix.

http://www.lordsofpa...th_Phoenix.html

Is this confirmed? A man and woman can attend games together without dating.

That is an arguable point.

However I have to say or rather ask.

Who in their right mind would just want to be "friends" with a woman like Beth Pheonix?

Certainly not me.

I mean I wouldn't mind being friends with her but if the possibility of being more than just friends with her was there I know I sure as hell wouldn't pass up the opertunity.

BMH.

Alex Silva, the one who got a contract, is currently on the OVW roster. However, Joey Ryan, the one who didn't, I can't find any record of him ever working for OVW...

-Bill

LOL I'm glad I didn't put any money on me bing right because I would have lost.

Thanks for clarifying weather either of the two Gut Check contestants had or where in OVW

It just made sense to me that they would have been in OVW seeing as how TNA is a bigger promotion as well as being more well known etc than OVW and the two companies do currently have a working relationship with one and other so it would only make sense for TNA to help OVW out by "spotlighting" i guess you could say their top talent.

BMH

Not sure how he is in the data but Johnny Saint retired again sometime in the last year although he did say he might return for a match at some point.

Just got back from a British wrestling legends show and he was there and it kinda got brought up so thats your source.

I agree with Red on not adding workers who are retired before being added. It seems silly and just adds to an already heavy database. That's basically what I was saying when I first questioned it.

On the Smackdown spoilers I posted, Bill that makes perfect and total sense :)

And BMH...wow. Can see how you view the women in your life! :P. Seriously though, whether or not you would 'try it on' with Beth were you a friend of hers is not really a criteria we can use for adding a relationship for them in the game.

• Like 1