Madden NFL 13

DYSI

As long as you're committed to running the ball, it eventually pays off. I've been using the Dolphins (Bush/Slaton), Colts (Brown), and the Bucs and have pretty good success with each team.

Passing on the other hand is my downfall. Although I've been throwing less picks - but I've been just throwing to Vincent Jackson. :shifty:

Running game has been decent for me on All-Pro, getting around 80 yards every game with Javarris Jackson (Beanie Wells is injured with a broken jaw).

I am good at just running the ball, but quite honestly juking and spinning and all that jazz is just something I can't get the hang off. I see other people who play Madden juke the crap out of defenders and doing the perfect spin moves. But the only thing I get with a spin move is a tackle in the back. And with the juke I just get tackled.

Does anyone know how you even pull those moves off without getting absolutely murdered by the LB?

I much prefer to play a passing game, but with no star QB at the Cardinals I tend to go for the hand-off and then hope Beanie Wells can outrun the secondary round the outside. Almost always comes off too. Absolutely hate power running through the middle, but get caught with that in every match by the opposition. Managed to beat the Dolphins 63-33 in my last match though, so all is good. Wells rushed for 4 touchdowns and got the 8th highest rushing yards in a single game in NFL history. Hilarious.

And yeah, I seem to have mastered the spin. It's all about timing as the defender approaches your runner's vicinity.

A couple of interesting developments on Year 2 of my CC as a head coach for the Cowboys. Tom Brady retired and Vince Young replaced him. The Patriots are now 1-5.

And on the news crawl I get "Idaho DE Kooper Cosbert is a former pro wrestler, but at 26, he is now giving football a go." Cool stuff.

Running game has been decent for me on All-Pro, getting around 80 yards every game with Javarris Jackson (Beanie Wells is injured with a broken jaw).

I am good at just running the ball, but quite honestly juking and spinning and all that jazz is just something I can't get the hang off. I see other people who play Madden juke the crap out of defenders and doing the perfect spin moves. But the only thing I get with a spin move is a tackle in the back. And with the juke I just get tackled.

Does anyone know how you even pull those moves off without getting absolutely murdered by the LB?

I think I've got the juke down, but the spin eludes me. I either just get hit, or I start running the wrong way.

I think I've got the juke down, but the spin eludes me. I either just get hit, or I start running the wrong way.

The spin has worked once for me to date, and that was in a goalline inside handoff where I did the spin for the hell of it and amazingly got him into an open hole and away from the defender when I looked on the replay.

Also I found a good tip on scouting in Madden 13, it's a bit gamebreakery but it will help everyone a lot when you want to have a good say on who is good and who isn't without spending too much cash.

For the first parts of the season only scout the ''awareness'' of the future rookies and that is a great way to check if they are any good to start with or just scrubs.

F (<60)= Scrub

D (60-69 = Semi scrub, not a lot of talent there

C (70-79) = Decent to good player, Better than the scrubs and I am pretty sure these guys can make great backup players anywhere.

B (80-89) = Good to great player, most of the time B's have good development grades and I was shocked in how many of them there can be found.

A (90+) = Bonafide superstar, have not found any A awareness kids yet, but seeing A would mean it's 90+ I don't think there are any of them to be found in any given draft, maybe that one guy in a generation or something.

The thing is, scouting awareness only costs 25 to get the letter grade and too me it's way to cheap for the actual importance of the game, maybe QB/HB don't need awareness seeing you are controlling them directly almost always.

But I am pretty sure you can scout every awareness skill in the draft in the first 5-6 weeks of the season. And after you have scouted awareness you can continue scouting players that pique your interest.

Of course, in Madden 13 there is no direct ''potential'' skill anymore, players are dictated by their growth trait and if it's on quick then you could even make a 50 overall into something special given enough gametime.

Use at your own behest, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of the draft though. Especially since I myself found a B awareness QB in the third round with B in all accuracy stats, play action and A in throw power. And he is certainly going to become the future of the Cardinals franchise. Not sure if he appears in other drafts with the same talent but if he does, his name is ''Eddie Murphy'', not kidding you. He is 20yrs, 232lbs, 6'1'' from East Carolina.

• Like 1

I actually spent a good amount of time going through the first year draft classes because I had seen a player I wanted...then reloaded into preseason and found that the draft class had changed, but I wanted to find him again, so I reloaded several times and simmed the season several times to see how things fell. I found a half back in one of the draft classes with 96 speed that starts 90 OVR. I will have to reload the game and post the name as I don't remember it. He's a top 5 pick though, so your chances of getting him are low.

I actually spent a good amount of time going through the first year draft classes because I had seen a player I wanted...then reloaded into preseason and found that the draft class had changed, but I wanted to find him again, so I reloaded several times and simmed the season several times to see how things fell. I found a half back in one of the draft classes with 96 speed that starts 90 OVR. I will have to reload the game and post the name as I don't remember it. He's a top 5 pick though, so your chances of getting him are low.

Any rookie with 90 overall is rediculously overpowered. In fact, anything above 80-83 is overpowered for a rookie if you ask me.

The real rookies have been pretty well done with Luck and RG3 hovering just under the 80 mark, which is a fair number seeing they are unproven and all. And I feel that every rookie should be around that spot, I don't want to draft and have a guy who immediately turns into solid gold from the get go, that hardly ever happens in real life.

Like 5 rookies a class should be 80-85 rated but the rest under 80, else in 4 years the game is filled with guys under 26 dominating the stat sheets.

I am frustratingly terrible at this game. I throw probably, on average, four interceptions per game. I am the Seahawks and started the season 0-4 before winning two straight (including beating the league leading 5-0 Patriots). I thought that was my turning point, but then I was murdered by the 49ers (six interceptions and three fumbles) and then an overtime loss to the 5-1 Lions. Aside from two games, though, I have only lost by seven points or less, so I'm at least close.

I am frustratingly terrible at this game. I throw probably, on average, four interceptions per game. I am the Seahawks and started the season 0-4 before winning two straight (including beating the league leading 5-0 Patriots). I thought that was my turning point, but then I was murdered by the 49ers (six interceptions and three fumbles) and then an overtime loss to the 5-1 Lions. Aside from two games, though, I have only lost by seven points or less, so I'm at least close.

The first thing I must say, the Seahawks are a team that aren't exactly a team that are going to be competitive against anyone in the NFL from the start.

Secondly, I suggest you ramp down the difficulty to a more accomodating level and try starting from there. If it gets too easy then you make it harder again. There is no need banging your head into a wall whilst there is a door right next to it.