Madden NFL 13

DYSI

Are you having trouble with finding open guys, or is it a defensing issue?

Use QBs that aren't Skelton or Tebow for one.

Otherwise, I'd look for slant routes and curls as they're a pretty safe bet to get your guys open. If I remember rightly, the passing icons start translucent and then solidify as the receiver becomes open, so pay attention to that. And make use of the new passing trajectories. If it's a deep route, tap the button to lob it in over the top. Slants and stuff over the middle, hold the button to fire it in. Again, if I remember rightly, you can lead your throws now as well, so aim the ball where the DB isn't, essentially. For example, on a fade, you want to pass it to the back shoulder of the receiver.

I came in here to post that I set up some new sliders, and although I need more testing, they're bloody great so far. I even saw penalties in practice. Defensive line is much more effective (I've previously had trouble getting Peppers to shed a single block), there's more of a difference between quality receivers, and physical guys like Brandon Marshall are actually playing physically. Seems to be fewer psychic reads too. Only issue I've noticed so far is that there are perhaps too many broken tackles, but I'm not sure if it's due to an unfair boost to runners or not enough help for tacklers.

I'll post them up here tomorrow when I've got the game on again if anyone wants to try them.

I would love to have a crack with your sliders Dragsy.

The last time I played Madden, somewhere early December the game got killed for me thanks to a couple of sliders that caused me to throw 560 yards with McNabb and the other team to throw around 500 too.

I want some nice sliders that have a balanced running/passing game and that also gives some nice defense.

Sorry I took a while to pst these. I've played a few games now and I'm pretty happy with them. Might need to do some adjusting to the running game a bit, but I'm unsure whether I need to tone down broken tackles or make defenders more aggressive. Also need to knock down the offsides penalty slider a few clicks as the d-line are too jumpy (they step on every fake hike at the minute). Yeah, penalty sliders affect how the players play.

Ratings are same for user and AI. Base difficulty was All-Pro. I don't know if that makes a difference as it changes to custom when you adjust a slider. I play 9 minute quarters with the runoff set to 15.

QB Acc. 75

Pass Block 1

WR Catch 55

Broken Tackles 20

Run Block 1

Fumbles 5

Pass D Reaction 0

INTs 30

Pass Rush 0

Rush D Reaction 0

Block Shed 0

Tackling 2

FG Pow 50

FG Acc 48

Punt Pow 50

Punt Acc 55

Kickoffs 48

Injuries 45

Fatigue 55

Speed Threshold 45

Offside 95

False Start 65

Holding 54

Facemask 55

DPI 55

OPI 55

Punt Catch INT 55

Clipping 33

Int. grounding 55

Roughing QB 33

Roughing K 33

I've played a couple more games in my Career and managed to win them both. Beat the Saints by 3, got lucky really as they fumbled two kick-off returns for TDs at the start of the 4th quarter and I managed to build up a healthy lead, but my passing (with Tebow) was only effective for the first third or so of the game. Having some success with the read option but when I try to pass more often than not it's not finding the guy or it's getting picked off.

Followed that up with a 34-18 win over the 49ers, stuck to the rush mostly and it paid off. Tebow threw 2 more INTs so I brought Skelton back but I didn't do a lot of passing with him. Two TDs for Fitzgerald, one rushing TD and then from about a yard out I managed to just run over the line with Skelton himself. Again passing wasn't that good, only plays that were coming off really were short routes through the middle, usually to Fitzgerald who catches just about everything.

I'm scouting for a new QB in the next Draft, I low-balled Skelton on a contract offer so he's off at the end of the season which I'm not too bothered about. He played every game last season but I only got into the play-offs because Beanie Wells ran for 100+ yards most games, that's not really happening this year. Defensively I'm doing really well forcing a fair few fumbles and stopping the opposition for 3 & outs more often than not, but it's only really part luck and part running game that's getting me victories.

Also, this may be a dumb question but how do you re-sign players who you signed at the start of the year on 1 year contracts? Players I already had are coming to my Actions screen and asking to begin negotiations but I can't find a way to re-sign the others. I thought it'd get sorted at the end of the season but last year I lost a load of guys to Free Agency without having a chance to offer them new deals.

I'm playing as the Jaguars. Both the QBs I started with suck, so I drafted a rookie and I've been using him as a starter. And he's thrown 15 or 16 in the first 6 games. I've lost a couple games at least just from interceptions, and it gets particularly bad in the red zone. I can't tell you how many drives I've blown from throwing an interception in the end zone. And I can't tell if it's me doing something wrong or the QB being shitty. His overall is 76.

That happens a lot, with the field being so much shorter the defense has a much easier time defending. My best advice is whenever you're in that situation, look at your play before the snap and figure out exactly which receiver you're looking at first and then second. If neither get open, check it down, scramble, orthrow it away.

I don't have a problem with interceptions so much as my wide receivers not being able to catch a thing

YOU'RE REGGIE WAYNE NOT BRAYLON EDWARDS! :bang: