The Last of Us

King.

Really enjoying it so far. Due to having a 360 originally I heard about how good this game is and so having now had a chance to play it i'm not disappointed so far. I haven't got far through it tbf but I am really enjoying it.

One thing annoying me is because I like to search for extras and check all areas a lot of the time I'm wasting my time :(

Also, multiplayer is really fun. Had a few games yesterday and thought it was good. I wasn't expecting much from the multiplayer so I was surprised with it.

We should play together. I'm doing decently without having any teammates to talk strategy with, so I imagine it would only get better if I have someone to coordinate with.

Yeh it's easier when you've got a few people to talk to instead of everyone running off in different directions. Sure we could get a team of 4 of us to play it together one night.

Yeh we definitely need to have a few games online. I attempted going online by myself before heading into work and it's so frustrating when you don't have people to talk to. When everyone fucks off in different directions and then run into 3/4 people and die straight away it leaves you little chance of winning cause you've got no strategy

Edited by DavidMarrio

Yeh we definitely need to have a few games online. I attempted going online by myself before heading into work and it's so frustrating when you don't have people to talk to. When everyone fucks off in different directions and then run into 3/4 people and die straight away it leaves you little chance of winning cause you've got no strategy

I've been on a lucky streak of really good teammates, breaking off into small groups of 3 and sticking together, coordinating attack patterns and booby traps all without speaking. But yeah, still want to play with people I know.

• 1 year later...

Finally decided to give Grounded Mode a try. Fucking hell it is unforgiving. Absolutely love it. Just entered the hotel last night before deciding to give up for the day (and because I know which section is coming up <_< ). Worse still, I'm doing a collectible run, which means I have to go out of my way on areas I might not otherwise bother with. I am not a smart man.

10 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm also most of the way through a Grounded run! I'm on the bit where Ellie meets David after Joel gets injured. It seems near impossible.

Man I fucking hated that bit when I was playing the first time through.... Can't help but think how much I'll hate it on Grounded Mode

30 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm also most of the way through a Grounded run! I'm on the bit where Ellie meets David after Joel gets injured. It seems near impossible.

I'm hoping I can do my usual tactic of "run like a bitch" after turning the generator on in the hotel, but I usually get hit at least once, which will not work on grounded. Might have to smoke that bloater or something.

Hadn't even thought that far ahead yet >_>

As I've put in the Complete Your Collection Thread, I finished Grounded off! Finally got past the part I was stuck on with a combination of persistence and lucky use of the nail bomb. Molotov'd the bloater and blew up the entire lot with a well placed bomb. The rest of the section was still hard, but after a few tries I learned where the enemies spawned and pulled through. The rest felt surprisingly easy after that.

• Like 1