The Last of Us

King.

• 1 year later...

Ho. Lee. Fuck.

Guys, I really don't know how to feel about this. The first Last of Us is quite probably my favorite game of all time. I consider it to have a perfect story. That said, on one hand I'm kind of afraid that the sequel doesn't live up to the first one and they end up screwing up Joel and Ellie's story. On the other hand, I feel incredibly excited for it. Well, at least graphically it's beautiful. I'm going to trust Naughty Dog, and it'll be a day one purchase, for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

Ho. Lee. Fuck.

Guys, I really don't know how to feel about this. The first Last of Us is quite probably my favorite game of all time. I consider it to have a perfect story. That said, on one hand I'm kind of afraid that the sequel doesn't live up to the first one and they end up screwing up Joel and Ellie's story. On the other hand, I feel incredibly excited for it. Well, at least graphically it's beautiful. I'm going to trust Naughty Dog, and it'll be a day one purchase, for sure.

I have exactely the same concerns with this. The Last Of Us was so good and they really have to bring their a-game. Same goes for Rockstar with RDR 2. 

What I'm most exited for is how Ellie is going to react when it is revealed to her that Joel basically screwed over humanity just to save her life. That is going to be intense.  

• Like 1

I assume they mean Ellie will be the main PC, since you played as Ellie in the main game and in the DLC last time. Hopefully she doesn't keep her knife, cause desperately hoping for materials for shivs was the most "survival horror" feeling I've ever had from a game. Every shiv was so important because it lead to locked doors with more resources, or could be your saving grace in a clicker filled environment.

• Like 1

I was thinking with the news that I might do a play-along with y'all if anyone's interested. Thinking of doing a chapter a day, or every couple of days, depending on what people want/if they want to do it at all, set out as so:

• Hometown/The Quarantine Zone
  • The Outskirts
  • "Abandoned" Town
  • Pittsburgh
  • The Suburbs
  • The Dam
  • The University
  • Lakeside Resort
  • Bus Depot
  • The Lab/Jackson

Quote marks to avoid minor spoilers. Anyone interested? May be a good time for anyone contemplating a "Grounded" play through.

• Like 2

Spoilers to the end of "Abandoned" Town.

Spoiler

Started Sunday, finished up until Tess died, then played through all of Bill's Town yesterday. Grounded is easier than I remember, I guess because I know where I am going to struggle from my PS3 run, so I can prepare for it.

Case in point - the bloater fight in the gym, first grounded play through I used literally everything I had to take him out and wound up having to wait until Bill shotgunned him even after that. This time, I molotoved him once, gave him a couple of shotgun blasts, let Bill get some blasts in, then nailed a headshot for the kill. Literally the first time I've used a gun the entire game so far except where scripted to (or to grab the first Firefly pendant in the tree). I've otherwise only used one molotov in the Subway clicker section, and used arrows in the high school to take out some runners, but that's it, all the rest has been melee with either fists, a 2x4, or a pipe.

Spoilers past that.

Spoiler

Pittsburgh up next, and "that" hotel section. I'll be glad to have saved those bullets <_<

Oh shit, Pittsburgh and end game spoilers...

Spoiler

I somehow missed out on the significance of an optional convo here. While looking at a civ that the military killed, Joel says "you sacrifice the few to save the many", and Ellie's response? "... that's kinda shitty". That's a pretty notable point to Joel's choice at the end of the game.