The Last of Us

King.

I don't necessarily get why this has to be turned into a film. The game's already cinematic enough as it is.

Because it's a good story but not everybody plays games?

I guess that's a valid reason, but...

Because they made a movie about two plumbers, and a movie about street fighters, so everyone should get a chance?

Everyone should get a chance to take a beloved franchise and give it a huge black mark via terrible film adaptations just because other franchises got to?

Like I said in my post, TLOU is already cinematic enough on its own. It's built to be like you're watching a movie. Sony's basically going to pay what's got to be at least a hundred million to re-shoot the game's events, while risking everything fans liked about the game. What if the Clickers look too CGI-ey, what if new Joel and new Ellie pale in comparison to Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, what if they cut out certain subplots, etc.

I don't necessarily get why this has to be turned into a film. The game's already cinematic enough as it is.

Because it's a good story but not everybody plays games?

I guess that's a valid reason, but...

Because they made a movie about two plumbers, and a movie about street fighters, so everyone should get a chance?

Everyone should get a chance to take a beloved franchise and give it a huge black mark via terrible film adaptations just because other franchises got to?

Like I said in my post, TLOU is already cinematic enough on its own. It's built to be like you're watching a movie. Sony's basically going to pay what's got to be at least a hundred million to re-shoot the game's events, while risking everything fans liked about the game. What if the Clickers look too CGI-ey, what if new Joel and new Ellie pale in comparison to Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, what if they cut out certain subplots, etc.

Then...no one is affected whatsoever and the world keeps spinning?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you're still playing The Last of Us -- or perhaps looking forward to its new "Grounded" DLC -- then you'll be interested to know that the game is on the cusp of receiving a new, meaty patch.

The patch, which is slated to be released within the next 24 hours, is numbered 1.07, and comes in at 151 MB. Most importantly, it adds the "Grounded Difficulty" to the single player campaign, a mode "for the toughest of the hardcore," with "super aggressive AI."

However, there are also a litany of bug fixes, which you can read about here. There appear to be around 44 fixes in total, in addition to making room for the aforementioned new DLC, as well as the addition of fresh Trophies (16 in total).

- Source (IGN)

New trophies AND a higher difficulty? HUZZAH! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Really enjoying it so far. Due to having a 360 originally I heard about how good this game is and so having now had a chance to play it i'm not disappointed so far. I haven't got far through it tbf but I am really enjoying it.

One thing annoying me is because I like to search for extras and check all areas a lot of the time I'm wasting my time :(

Also, multiplayer is really fun. Had a few games yesterday and thought it was good. I wasn't expecting much from the multiplayer so I was surprised with it.

• Like 1

Definitely. Admittedly I don't play many new games, but The Last of Us was my favourite last year. Only real contender was GTAV but you know what you're getting with GTA, so Last of Us pipped it.