EWB Minecraft Battle Royale (The Thread!)

Katsuya

ADG or TKz, can either of you send me that list of locations? I'm stocking up 5 maps.

If I were to start work on another BR style map but just not based on the movie/book/manga, what types of buildings and structures would you like to see on the map?

Battle Royale is now available on Netflix streaming

So a quick analysis of last night's Battle Royale:

The main issue people seemed to have was that once it got down to three, it was taking so long for the remaining competitors to find each other, which led to TKz putting stuff in to try and force them to find each other. From what I saw from above, I'd say there were two ways the problem could have been prevented;

1) Danger Zones. The whole point of introducing more and more of them as the program went on in the book and film was to force the students closer together as their numbers dwindled so that people couldn't hide on the edges of the island. As it was, while he did move about, Ellis was able to spend long periods of time holed up in locations like the lighthouse and the barn, where he even encountered Mrs. TKz but they didn't attack each other because she saw the ambush coming. If there had been danger zones, eventually Ellis would have been forced out, or Mrs. TKz would have been forced to attack because of dwindling supplies (talking long-term here). I admit that if ADG can get a plugin to simulate the zones better like he mentioned, it'll be easier all around.

2) Don't let people go into the sea. Kirkland spent a long time offshore that I saw, and at least one time I saw him where Ellis would plainly have seen him had he been on land. I'm not saying it's necessarily an unfair strategy to use, but if your goal is preventing situations where people are wandering around looking for each other at the end of the game, why effectively make the map significantly bigger? And, of course, there's precedent in the book and film as people were killed if they went too far from the island's edge. Just my two cents.

Fuck off, TEOL. I spent the entire time on the move and after spending 30 seconds in the lighthouse to see if there were any items left, the powers that be tried to kill me off by blowing it up!

And I was only in the barn long enough to cook the beef i found in it whilst I was waiting to see if Mrs tickle would come upstairs.

Don't start taking it out on me caus Mrs tickle killed you inside 2 minutes.

Couple quick suggestions for your problems then:

First, invest in a script that drops TNT from the sky in designated areas, keep the health damage on but the actual physical destruction turned off. Use wool or some noticeable material to create the danger zones' outlines. Then, when someone stumbles into a danger zone, give them a warning to escape or die within a certain time frame. If they stay in, the TNT drops on them, if they get out then no problem.

It's not perfect since it would require the game mod to keep an eye as best they could on everything at once but hey, it's a suggestion :P

As for the sea thing, just use the same concept as danger zones. Travel too far off and get a warning that if they don't start heading back they'll die. Simple enough.