European Football Thread

IAceI

Kylian is only about 16, plenty of time for him to showcase what he has. To all intents I think Thorgan is the least talented of the three. :shifty:

Espanyol v Athletic Bilbao has just kicked off, watching on a stream as Sky Sports Xtra seems to have no interest in working for me. Llorente on the bench for Athletic. Take that! Hopefully Athletic can start to turn their season around now after their poor beginning, Espanyol have been even worse though so could be a tight game.

2-0 to Espanyol at half time and Athletic look truly, truly awful. It's not looking good for this season at all, and with an unhappy Llorente here and not being played, an angry Bielsa who nearly left last season I can't really see it getting much better.

I think Channel 5 will have well and truly cut the ties of the 'official Channel 5 adopted club' by now. Last season seems such a long time ago now.

EDIT: Second half turn around and it's 2-2. Aduriz with a header and then Fernando Llorente off the bench and scores within a minute of coming on with his left peg, wonder if the fans have forgiven him yet?

SECOND EDIT: Then Espanyol take the lead with ten minutes to go through Longo who gets a second booking for his celebration and is sent off. Unbelievable scenes.

THIRD EDIT: IMMEDIATE EQUALISER. Susaeta keeps it in and Aduriz volleys in from about 15 yards. This is mental.

Edited by IAceI

Freiburg are 4-3 up against Hoffenheim in an obviously entertaining match. Great goal for Hoffenheim by Usami too with a nicely placed shot from about dead centre 20 yards out or so. Love the Bundesliga, always seems to be entertaining to watch and for ESPN subscribers Frankfurt v Hamburg will be kicking off at 4:30 (cue meat based jokes) - and the atmosphere at Eintracht Frankfurt games is nothing short of mesmerising.

EDIT: 5-3 now, Freiburg with a great goal.

Matches I've watched today

Espanyol 3-3 Athletic Club

Guangzhou R&F 3-2 Shenhua Shenxin

Freiburg 5-3 Hoffenheim

I'm off to play 6-a-side soon, I'll have to try and recreate as many of the goals I've seen today as possible. :shifty:

Edited by IAceI