Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I'm actually really like Agents of Shield.

It started off slow, and the constant feeling of "This feels way too much like NCIS or CSI" in the early stages was a bit much... but it gradually got better, and then really picked up with the introduction of Bill Paxton to the cast.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually really like Agents of Shield.

It started off slow, and the constant feeling of "This feels way too much like NCIS or CSI" in the early stages was a bit much... but it gradually got better, and then really picked up with the introduction of Bill Paxton to the cast.

I feel the same way. I wasn't sure I'd stick with it at first but by the time they resolved the mid-season cliffhanger I was glad that I did. It was hit and miss even after that but really hit its stride after the Sif/Lorelei episode...

The HYDRA Infiltration arc has been pretty damn good with each little reveal well-paced while building up to two much bigger one nicely and I was genuinely caught off-guard by the reveal of Ward being a HYDRA agent, even after I correctly guessed that Garrett was the Clairvoyant

It's almost like Agents of SHIELD has been two different shows, with the second half being infinitely better than the first

I'm only 9 or 10 episodes in...just at the part where...

Phil was taken by the people at the Centipede program, and the person from the first episode with the super strength got blown the fuck up.

And it's going to get even better? Wonderful!

oh man Ruki you're in for a trip.

Just don't go to Tahiti, turns out it's not that great

• Like 1

I do have an opinion on him, actually! Stardust was great. He will be great.

It-is-KNOWN.gif

Stardust was fantastic fun, without being overly campy. He's got some more experience under his belt since then too, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does as Daredevil.

In other news, Kevin Smith says that DC is looking at doing Justice League films only, rather than Marvel's way of indivigual hero films and the ocassional big team up. Interesting take, though it kind of sucks that we won't get a solo Wonder Woman film if it goes this way.