Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought DC were going with the angle Marvel wanted at first; start with the big team-up movie, selling it on the strength of the major characters, and then use that to spin off into solo films, because they don't think the lesser characters will sell a film on their own.

My understanding was that it doesn't mean they won't do solo films, they'll just all be tied together to the same story running throughout.

So more direct sequels to each other than the MCU?

Yeah, the plan is to do 5-6 movies that deal with the same story thread throughout. 5-6 movies seems like a bit much for just flat out Justice League movies so I would imagine they'd pepper a couple of solo films in throughout that still address the overarching plot.

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-director-edgar-wright-quits-explanation/

Latino Review was quick to assemble and publish a report on the reason for Wright leaving Ant-Man, with the primary issue cited as being forced script rewrites – rewrites that were, apparently, “Poorer, homogenized, and not [Wright's] vision,” which led the director to step away from the project.

Marvel Studios heads, according to THR, had temporarily halted forward progress on Ant-Man some weeks ago, so that the superhero film would no longer be able to make its originally-planned June shooting start date. MCU architect Kevin Feige thereafter ordered the aforementioned script revisions; problem was, although Wright had been open to amending the Ant-Man screenplay as necessary before then (having already tinkered with the script so it better fit in the MCU), these new rewrites did not have his blessing:

According to sources, Wright had been willing to make revisions earlier in the process. But the new rewrites took place without Wright’s input, and when he received Marvel’s new version early during the week of May 19, he walked, prompting a joint statement announcing his exit “due to differences in their visions of the film.”

while there’s a lot of excitement among the moviegoing public for the studios’ next release, Guardians of the Galaxy, the off-kilter nature of James Gunn’s film has apparently left Marvel executives feeling nervous (and, to be fair, not without reason) – enough so that the studio, as a whole, feels it’s already “gone outside its comfort zone” with Guardians, and that Wright’s Ant-Man might’ve been “too quirky,” to serve as the next non-Avengers installment in the MCU after Gunn’s movie.

Guardians... will be fine.

I'm not fussed about Wright no longer being attached. So long as they get a competent replacement in, it should work out.

It certainly looks like Adam McKay will be the one to replace Edgar Wright on Ant-Man.

Honestly, this seems like the best possible consolation outside of maybe Lord/Miller. Oddly enough, also probably the biggest name they've hired to direct any of their movies.

Edited by livid

It certainly looks like Adam McKay will be the one to replace Edgar Wright on Ant-Man.

Honestly, this seems like the best possible consolation outside of maybe Lord/Miller. Oddly enough, also probably the biggest name they've hired to direct any of their movies.

Breaking news: Will Ferrell to replace Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. :shifty:

Agents of Shield....

WHAT THE FUCK WARD?! JESUS FUCK! HYDRA?! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!

I just watched the next episode as well....

I can't fucking handle this shit. What the hell! Although, I am super glad at seeing...

Patton Oswalt!

• Like 3

Is Canada even further behind Australia in things, or is Ruki just slow? :P

We in the States refer to him as "special"

• Like 1

So apparently now McKay is out too.

This thing is cursed.