Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Yeah - at the time, it was pretty much unheard of for a comic book to stay in print, so "rights revert to you once they're out of print" was a fantastic deal. But Watchmen pretty much kickstarted the notion of "graphic novels" as a viable medium, so comics stopped being something that stays in print for a short while until the next one comes out.

Alan Moore gets a lot of criticism for being a grumpy old man about this stuff, but I think he's justified, and it highlights the sort of contracts the "big two" comics companies employ. Hell, Alan Moore got off lightly compared to the guys who created Superman and Batman.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be DC's plans for their cinematic universe?

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – May 2016
  • Shazam – July 2016
  • Sandman – Christmas 2016
  • Justice League – May 2017
  • Wonder Woman – July 2017
  • The Flash and Green Lantern Team-Up – Christmas 2017
  • Man of Steel 2 – May 2018

That would be quite the line-up of films.

Can't say I care at all about Sandman, rest of the line up is interesting. Namely a Flash/Green Lantern team up. Surely that only works if you introduce both in Justice League. I get that they're buddies in the comics, but it's such a weird combo. I'd think a Green Lantern film would embrace the cosmic side of DC... which Flash really isn't.

Nice to see they might actually pull their fucking fingers out and make a Wonder Woman film.

Shazam is a weird one. Need a hell of a kid actor to pull that one together.

Oh man if they release it as Captain Marvel that'd piss me off. I get that Shazam came first, but the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is the best female character in comics right now. I'd be so pissed if they take that name for the DC character. The only thing all that interesting about him is the villain, Black Adam.

Make Captain Marvel a female and give it to Maisie Williams!

Also, I hope like hell Ryan Reynolds stays as far away as possible from any Justice League stuff.

The article says that he's not apart of it so they're rebooting the character.

It's weird, I figured they'd do Jon Stewart as the next Green Lantern. But if Flash/Green Lantern is happening, there's no way it's not Hal Jordan.

Oh Guy Gardner. We'll never see your meathead in the DC Cinematic Universe. So many other Lanterns to come first. :(