Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, my feeling has been this for the last year or so

DC: We can't quite figure out how to make a Wonder Woman movie work properly...

Marvel: Screw it...here's a movie with a talking tree and raccoon carrying a machine gun...

• Like 1

I mean, it was funny like six months ago when it was plastered literally everywhere. Do we need to keep repeating that same joke?

It doesn't even work now because they're apparently about to announce a Wonder Woman film.

• Like 1

Then announce it already! I'm not hyped by a Superman or Batman movie because I expect those from DC! I'd be hyped as hell about a Wonder Woman movie...probably the only thing that'd trump it is a Green Arrow movie starring the cast of the TV show...

Then announce it already! I'm not hyped by a Superman or Batman movie because I expect those from DC! I'd be hyped as hell about a Wonder Woman movie...probably the only thing that'd trump it is a Green Arrow movie starring the cast of the TV show...

That may be but I'd imagine most people are sure as hell going to be hyped more by Superman or Batman. That's what they, quite rightly, care about.

I'm also not sure you can boil an ensemble movie with a talking raccoon getting made before a female led film down to "lol, dc, amirite?" There's wider forces at work there sadly.

Plus Marvel didn't have any characters as big as Batman or Superman when they started this Avengers universe. Spiderman, sure, but they don't have the rights. It's easy to see why they took the strategy they did and why DC took the safer route of focusing on Batman and Superman. It's not exactly a silly business decision.

Depends how serious he takes the roles, really. He can be a good actor, but he can also be a pretty huge idiot. Not sure Snyder is the one to pull a great performance out of him.

Also, holy fuck, stop putting characters in this movie.

• Like 6

So because they haven't succeeded in creating a movie-universe marvel-style they're now trying to put as many characters characters in one movie (which they can't probably introduce to the audience without making the movie 10 hours long), creating what is most likely going to be a incoherent clusterfuck of epic proportions? I

For what it's worth, I haven't seen anything on that Adrien Brody story reported by any reputable sources.

In fact, the only thing I can find is a story about him joining a Chinese film that would likely conflict with the Dawn of Justice filming.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-cusack-adrien-brody-join-chinas-dragon-blade-1201220732/

Edited by livid