Has mafia become less fun?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Wouldn't work, I've posited set ups for it :shifty:

(one such attempt ended up becoming Haruhi Mafia)

No, I just mean no mafia in general. As a whole. Y'know, no game.

• Like 1

Wouldn't work, I've posited set ups for it :shifty:

(one such attempt ended up becoming Haruhi Mafia)

No, I just mean no mafia in general. As a whole. Y'know, no game.

Technically I've been playing that game for a while now.

I'm so glad that the Heel Turn/Dukes Joint Lawyer Vs Accountant Mafia happened. The idea of hedge voting and having to strike evidence from the record because the search warrant didn't cover the charges would have been such a pain to navigate.

Guest Owned by Quickquid

I like how I went away for the weekend and this thread got more posts than either of the mafias I'm in.

But for whatever my opinion's worth, that promotion/relegation thing sounds horrible. Making it harder for people to jump into new games isn't going to solve anything.

Guest Owned by Quickquid

EWB's 10 Most Fun Games (Days Per Player)

1) TEOL's Traditional Mafia V (0.17 DPP)

2) Zan's Mafia (0.19 DPP)

3) SDM's SDM Mafia (0.23 DPP)

4) RW's CSI Mafia (0.32 DPP)

5) Zan's Mafia Cubed (0.32 DPP)

6) SDM's Firesale Mafia (0.35 DPP)

7) Rashid's Stephen King Mafia (0.36 DPP)

8) Momo's Anime Mafia II (0.38 DPP)

9) Ruki's Random Rules Mafia (0.4 DPP)

10) MPH's Perfect Ten Mafia (0.4 DPP)

EWB's 10 Least Fun Games (Days Per Player)

1) Ego's EWB Newbie Mafia (7.75 DPP)

2) cymru's Harry Potter Mafia (4.95 DPP)

3) Norro's Anime Mafia V (4.89 DPP)

4) Rider's Dungeons and Dragons Mafia (4.5 DPP)

5) phatman's X-Men Mafia (4.13 DPP)

6) Cloudy's Watchmen Mafia (3.5 DPP)

7) Zan's Arkham Mafia (3.4 DPP)

8) ndqw's Team America Mafia (3.4 DPP)

9) Rider's Newbie Mafia (3.36 DPP)

10) Ace's ECW Mafia (3.36 DPP)

...OK, after seeing this list, I may have to make some changes to the formula. The top end seems a little too biased to how quickly the game went by. Numbers 11-20 feature games that lasted longer and are definitely well-remembered like Essa's Domed, RW's WWF 1999, Plubby's RTTGC and Sousa's WCW, but they don't show up until most of the really quick games are out of the way. The back end doesn't seem too bad, with some games in the 40-day range showing up alongside the monstrously long ones. Thoughts?

Edited by Owned by Quickquid

...OK, after seeing this list, I may have to make some changes to the formula. The top end seems a little too biased to how quickly the game went by. Numbers 11-20 feature games that lasted longer and are definitely well-remembered like Essa's Domed, RW's WWF 1999, Plubby's RTTGC and Sousa's WCW, but they don't show up until most of the really quick games are out of the way. The back end doesn't seem too bad, with some games in the 40-day range showing up alongside the monstrously long ones. Thoughts?

Looking at the lists I'd say Most Posts Per Day contained the most games considered "classics" in it, but of course it's skewed in favour of games with more players. Maybe it's the case that generally the more players consistently posting, the more fun a game is?

How is fun judged by games that give time for new players to talk? And how does that judge fun?

Isnt fun determined by witty back and forth? Rather than how fast people play?

Or is days in game days?

Then isnt that also skewed by kills? So a cult games less fun then 2 mafias and an sk?

So night zeros are more fun because some people dont play at all?

Skewed.

Guest Owned by Quickquid

How is fun judged by games that give time for new players to talk? And how does that judge fun?

Isnt fun determined by witty back and forth? Rather than how fast people play?

Or is days in game days?

Then isnt that also skewed by kills? So a cult games less fun then 2 mafias and an sk?

So night zeros are more fun because some people dont play at all?

Skewed.

It's real-life days, not game days. And I didn't take into account things like deadlines. And anyhow, the idea of DPP denoting the most fun games was something I set out early on in this thread and admitted might not be the best way of measuring it once I posted the top 10s for that stat. :P