Has mafia become less fun?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Zan's Arkham Mafia was awesome. Or maybe I'm thinking of an RW Batman game? Which one was "Inmates Run The Asylum", where I was the Penguin and figured out all the riddles until I got blown up?

I had an incredibly difficult role in Arkham and died quite early on.

GRIMDARKs are always fun, particularly the last one where I killed three players for then concocted a completely bogus story to get Pizza lynched.

Oh Pizza, how I do despise you in Mafia games.

Oh my god, I just had an idea for a tremendous Mafia concept. Once I run Avengers, thats so next.

PM me when you start it, that sounds like something I would want to play!

And MPH is finally gone? Shame, got on well with him but he did turn into a bit of a tool a few years ago.

If I'm honest this was all kind of a pointless exercise. From looking back at the games, the only one I'd say for sure is indicative of "fun" is posts per day. And even then I'm not sure he needed to go to this level of research to say "hey guys, games with lots of activity are more fun to play than those with little activity".

Couldn't tell you what my favourite game was, I've been in so many great games. 2008 in particular I remember being awesome? I really liked Sousa's 3rd jobber mafia though, that one stands out for me.

Most fun scum game was probably Criminal Minds with Cloudy. My first and probably best scum win.

Most fun town game was probably NFL QBs. Taking the scum result on Sousa from a sane cop and figuring out it was caused by a conman and who that conman was and getting him lynched that phase was one of the best plays I've made.

Honorable mention goes to WWF 1992 for the alliance to end Hulkamania, and would have gone to the Warriors except Maxx is a big meanie.

Least favorite game... can't even think of one that I didn't enjoy even when my stupidity got me lynched. Maybe Tag Team Mafia, since I didn't quite understand the game mechanics. Out of the games I've run, Homestar Runner Mafia was probably the one that players enjoyed least.

Though my most favorite game has got to be R.W.'s Royal Survivor Slam Series Rumble Mania Mafia. I got to be Bret Hart, and took out the guy that was trying to eliminate me. Not to mention I also killed two scum. And the write-ups made it seem like I was Tazz or Dean Malenko.

I don't think there's ever been a mafia game that I haven't enjoyed playing in, which is part of why I think the posts per day = FUN! metric is silly as hell.

• Admin

I had tremendous fun with Duelists. But I was the Director, so pay no attention to me.

Also great was my stint as The Ultimate Warrior in Jobber Mafia 3, absolutely destroying the town in Devils Rejects Mafia, and being both The Master & The Doctor in two separate games, and winning both :)

Oh one of the best thing about Sousa's WCW game was that he wrote my fake claim into write-ups. That was really cool. When I've run games lately, I think I ditched writing write-ups in favour of just saying who was dead. I hate when write-ups go some way to clearing people and there's nothing liek fake claims being put in their to even it out.

My choice for duelists had nothing to do with when I died, but rather the poor setup of it.

Multi cops with only one sane one? Ok.

Adding in a miller and godfather? Why?

Calibration was impossible.

Then factor in that votes started a duel, was just a chicken shoot.

I think without the godfather or miller it may have been decent.