Has mafia become less fun?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If nothing else, this has made me wonder if I should get another Mafia game off the ground just for old time's sake.

And not a goofy Civ one this time. Maybe it's time for the Second-Greatest WCW Mafia in the History of Our Sport: Electric DJ Ran-galoo?

• Like 1

Seems to me that we've been pushing a style of play that most people aren't good enough to play. If you want more activity, make sure your game starts on a night and has a bunch of ridiculous abilities. A game runner's main objective now should be to keep people interested.

Seems to me that we've been pushing a style of play that most people aren't good enough to play. If you want more activity, make sure your game starts on a night and has a bunch of ridiculous abilities. A game runner's main objective now should be to keep people interested.

I for one as a gamerunner will continue to design games that I think have an interesting set up and refuse to tailor them to idiots playing badly.

• Like 4

Could always bring back the poll so the one game people are excited for can run sooner.

I assumed that the reason the poll went was because no one could be bothered to keep it going. Same reason why the list hasn't been updated in like a month.

Let's just go as elite as possible and set up a promotion/relegation system with the newbie mafias. Vote on game LVP's along with MVP's. Send the Newbie MVP's to the main games, and the LVP's down to the Newbie league.

I actually don't mind this idea, so much.

If It meant my spot in the top division being on the line, I'd definitely be trying harder. If it meant getting promotion, I'd be trying harder.

Of course then you get to the situation where some guys are stuck in the lower division for too long, get fed up and give up.

I for one as a gamerunner will continue to design games that I think have an interesting set up and refuse to tailor them to idiots playing badly.

:(

All the people that are considered 'top players' but haven't made a good call in ages would be fuming at being relegated though. So you'd have that to contend with.

Really? We're all adults here. I think we can handle being relegated in a pretend game on an internet forum.

I don't think the quality of the players is the issue, I'd rather play with someone who gets everything wrong but actually plays rather than with someone who doesn't play but hops on the correct bandwagons. The problem is people don't care enough any more, and that's probably through a combination of the fact people have been playing the game for like 6 years now and that no-one is really desperate to play Darnez FC's "Mafia went down to Georgia" game like they would be if Josh was to run a You Pick or whatever.

All the people that are considered 'top players' but haven't made a good call in ages would be fuming at being relegated though. So you'd have that to contend with.

Really? We're all adults here. I think we can handle being relegated in a pretend game on an internet forum.

Actually I'd say that the biggest problem would be people being stuck in the lower division for too long and just up and quitting. Even though I said I like the idea(as a means for self-motivation), if I got stuck in the 2nd division for about a dozen or more games straight, I'd probably think about quitting. I'd assume some players(especially newer ones)would get frustrated at not moving up after a while.