Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

I thought the episode was good enough tonight. I gotta tell ya, this doesn't feel like a final season to me. I mean, we're over halfway through and there is no real clear direction where things are going to end up.

Bobby paying the price for Jax's sins after coming back to help him last season really did seem impactful, but that's about it. Little creep kid finding overhearing Gemma's confession just means he's going to be a focal point for the big reveal. Joy. So that means we get a totally lame reveal for Jax.

Pretty much, this season feels like a video game where you do all the side missions and none of the main story/plot developing ones.

Edited by Brody

Seems more and more like Robo-Abel is a deliberate choice and not just bad acting lately.

Yeah, I think you're pretty much right. I'm still thinking this is not going to end up with a happy ending for anyone, including Nero who everyone seems to be cheering for. :(

Yea I could totally buy that.

Also, last night's episode!

"I'm not the rat. Also your old man committed suicide rather than deal with what he'd created. And you're the epitome of everything wrong with the club. Bombshell!"

"what no he didn't and u r 2 the rat."

*SHOT*

"what the fuck guy"

"he said he was the rat, what was I supposed to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

• Like 1

"I'm not the rat. Also your old man committed suicide rather than deal with what he'd created. And you're the epitome of everything wrong with the club. Bombshell!"

*SHOT*

"what the fuck guy"

Yeah, last night's whole episode was a complete "What the fuck" moment. And I'm usually not one to really critique this show as I've enjoyed pretty much everything about it, including a lot of the things everyone else has hated but the whole story last night seemed to go down the wrong track. I get that Jax is out for revenge, but what happens when he learns that it wasn't the Chinese who killed Tara. The war with the Chinese is something you can go back on but killing your own guys for no reason. The men you called Family. There is no coming back from that shit.

*SHOT*

"what the fuck guy"

Yeah, last night's whole episode was a complete "What the fuck" moment. And I'm usually not one to really critique this show as I've enjoyed pretty much everything about it, including a lot of the things everyone else has hated but the whole story last night seemed to go down the wrong track. I get that Jax is out for revenge, but what happens when he learns that it wasn't the Chinese who killed Tara. The war with the Chinese is something you can go back on but killing your own guys for no reason. The men you called Family. There is no coming back from that shit.

I think that's kind of the point of this season, though. The two biggest arcs are Jax becoming even more of a monster in a blind quest for revenge, and to do some degree the secondary arc is about how fucked up this whole "family" is and the psychological damage it's doing to Abel. Abel's at that age in child development where he's going to imitate what he sees, and what he sees and hears - even if he's just on the periphery of it all - is horrendous violence, being thrown out in all directions. The only payoff I really want to see come series end is Jax's realization that keeping his boys in Charming has done way more harm than good, whether or not it's because "family". And he's responsible for that. And so is Gemma. And so are most of the people closest in his life.

• Like 2

Chibs is totally the rat, isn't he?

"We're having a forum about the club down here we'll let you know how it goes"
"Did you know about this, Chibs?"
"WHAT ME? NOPE. NUH-UH. NO IDEA JACKIE. NOOOOOOPE."

Also, Sheriff being all "TAKE ME HERE CHIBS IDC WHO SEES" was hilarious. But not as hilarious as the other guy's reaction (Quinn?). Or Jimmy Smits' facial expressions when he sees Gemma push the Sheriff over her desk. Jimmy Smits, national treasure.

EDIT: Oh and I hope in every episode from here on out, Abel randomly walks in on his grandmother apologizing for everything and admitting that she killed Tara to ghosts and nobody in particular.

Chibs is totally the rat, isn't he?

"We're having a forum about the club down here we'll let you know how it goes"

"Did you know about this, Chibs?"

"WHAT ME? NOPE. NUH-UH. NO IDEA JACKIE. NOOOOOOPE."

Also, Sheriff being all "TAKE ME HERE CHIBS IDC WHO SEES" was hilarious. But not as hilarious as the other guy's reaction (Quinn?). Or Jimmy Smits' facial expressions when he sees Gemma push the Sheriff over her desk. Jimmy Smits, national treasure.

EDIT: Oh and I hope in every episode from here on out, Abel randomly walks in on his grandmother apologizing for everything and admitting that she killed Tara to ghosts and nobody in particular.

Sadly, I think that Chibs is going to end up exactly what was posted in that article and I hate every little bit of it. He seemed like the most loyal out of them all and I hate that they're going to turn that against the club. I actually enjoyed the casual shrug Gemma gave out the window at Nero more than Nero's actual reaction to it. I really thought that the arrest was going to lead to a set up and the death of August, but there's still a chance of that next episode really.

I rather prefer it be Chibs, because it has the potential to lend more weight to the betrayal once it's outed. Jury and practically everyone else are big fucking whoopty doos when it comes to that - Jury and Indian Hills are only ever around when they need extra bodies, and who cares if it winds up being someone like Quinn or Montez? Like West, they're just extra bodies to fill out the club's roster and make it seem bigger. Same deal with Rat. Happy and Tig are just happy to be able to be depraved lunatics, so they're not going to betray Jax or the club.

That really just leaves Chibs, who is one of the senior most members and most loyal to Jax. Which makes it all the more devastating when it comes out that he's the rat. He's the only logical person left who would have any emotional impact - on viewers, on the characters - if it turns out that he's betrayed the club.

I rather prefer it be Chibs, because it has the potential to lend more weight to the betrayal once it's outed. Jury and practically everyone else are big fucking whoopty doos when it comes to that - Jury and Indian Hills are only ever around when they need extra bodies, and who cares if it winds up being someone like Quinn or Montez? Like West, they're just extra bodies to fill out the club's roster and make it seem bigger. Same deal with Rat. Happy and Tig are just happy to be able to be depraved lunatics, so they're not going to betray Jax or the club.

That really just leaves Chibs, who is one of the senior most members and most loyal to Jax. Which makes it all the more devastating when it comes out that he's the rat. He's the only logical person left who would have any emotional impact - on viewers, on the characters - if it turns out that he's betrayed the club.

would Tig flipping make sense after his history with Clay/Jax? Just a thought, but definitely wouldn't have the impact that Chibs would.

It could just turn out that Chibs is starting to see the evil in Jax and is trying to end it for him before everyone dies, which is what's happening.

Nero and Gemma's entire interaction in that scene was perfect, start to finish.