2012/2013 MLB Offseason Thread

Lint

Someone needs to let the Dodgers know that it's OK to not place the highest bid on every player available. I'm surprised they haven't made a run at Hamilton yet :shifty:

Hey, a Kemp/Hamilton platoon would be Godly. shifty.gif

He was terrible on the rare occassions he was playing in Boston. The wrist injury transformed him as a hitter, and I'm not sure Tommy John surgery will do him any favors.

I'd say "Your move, Texas", but how many moves are actually left? They struck out on Greinke, couldn't retain Napoli or Hamilton, got blown out of the water by the Royals for Shields, haven't been able to make any headway on Justin Upton. Do they overspend for Dickey? Surely not if the price is Profar.

Does the Hamilton contract expire the year that Trout would stop being under their control? If so, amazing job by the Angels. With all the salary tied up in Pujols' soon-to-be albatross they can't manage to possibly be paying Hamilton when negotiating what will likely be the biggest contract in history with Trout.

Yep. Trout's at 1 year and 70 days of service time, so assuming he doesn't suddenly forget he's Mike Trout and needs 121 or more days in the minors over the next 5 seasons he and Hamilton will reach FA eligibility at the end of 2017. Of course based on recent trends every player in Major League Baseball will be playing in California by 2017 and it won't make a difference.

Or better yet they could just not be cheap shits and give Dickey what he's asking for which really isn't much to begin with.

Couldn't agree more. They're lowballing the fuck out of him. I think Dickey could be a part of the long-term solution and I'd love to see him stay in a Mets uniform. But if they insist on trading him...they need an impact bat. Flipping Dickey for Bourjos who is, at best, a lateral move from the outfielders they already have, would be an insult to Dickey and the fans.

I've been through plenty of shit as a Mets fan but that might be the last straw for me even. I'd never pick another team, but there comes a point where you can turn your fanbase apathetic.