Song Lyrics That Are Just Wrong/Silly/Annoy You

Matt

Robert Palmer didn't mean to turn you on either.

Opening line of 'Bird's Nest' by Jordaan Mason and The Horse Museum 'My mouth is filled with his ovaries'.

Silly song! Men don't have ovaries!

(It all makes sense in the context of the album. Really I just wanted to throw that one out there.)

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart

I want to recognize your beauty is not just a mask,

I want to exorcise the demons from your past,

I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

From Muse's "Undisclosed Desires." Although their lyrics have always had a bit of dumb wankery, this one song was the turning point where I wanted to vomit all over myself and the like. And had I not heard this song, I would be like "this thread is dumb" too. But god.

That's pretty much intentional on his part, though, isn't it?

Also, in "Goldfinger", the line "A spider's touch". Yes, it rhymes with Midas Touch. But it doesn't make sense.

In fairness would you rather have nonsensical imagery like that from Bassey, or the perfectly logical yet rubbish Lulu blathering on about how 'He'll get it done, with his golden gun'?

"Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen - [i]Before you came in to my life, I missed you so bad

Never mind the poor grammar, since it seems that the error is due to scansion. It is impossible to miss somebody without actually knowing that person.

"Vertigo" - U2 - Unos, dos, tres, catorce!

It translates as "Some, two, three, fourteen!" I realize that they're not Spanish or Latino or even Cuban or Dominican, but come on, who hasn't heard the proper way to count that?

You must have really hated it when Savage Garden claimed, "I knew I loved you before I met you."

"Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen - [i]Before you came in to my life, I missed you so bad

Never mind the poor grammar, since it seems that the error is due to scansion. It is impossible to miss somebody without actually knowing that person.

"Vertigo" - U2 - Unos, dos, tres, catorce!

It translates as "Some, two, three, fourteen!" I realize that they're not Spanish or Latino or even Cuban or Dominican, but come on, who hasn't heard the proper way to count that?

You must have really hated it when Savage Garden claimed, "I knew I loved you before I met you."

Yes. Yes I did. You just had to remind me, didn't you?