Favourite soundtrack

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I've been sorting through all my stuff for moving and rifled through my CDs to find two that make up my favourite soundtrack ever. Just flicking through the song listings made me all excited. The fact they were spread over two CDs (29 songs total) was impressive.

I give to you....

trainspotting-soundtrack.jpg

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life

Brian Eno - Deep Blue Day

Primal Scream - Trainspotting

Sleeper - Atomic (Blondie cover)

New Order - Temptation

Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing

Blur - Sing

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Pulp - Mile End

Bedrock - For What You Dream Of

Elastica - 2:1

Leftfield - A Final Hit

Underworld - Born Slippy

Damon Albarn - Closet Romantic

PF Project - Choose Life

Iggy Pop - The Passenger

Underworld - Dark and Long

Habanera from Carmen

Sleeper - Statuesque

David Bowie - Golden Years

Ice MC - Think About the Way

Leftfield - A Final Hit

Heaven 17 - Temptation

Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing (remix)

Fun Boy Three - Our Lips Are Sealed

Primal Scream - Come Together

Goldie - Inner City Life

Underworld - Born Slippy/NUXX

Okay, a couple of remixes and Leftfield's A Final Hit inexplicably appearing in both, but apart from that. Loving it.

My other favourite soundtrack is probably Sunshine. Danny Boyle films usually have great sound and it was John Murphy (my favourite film composer) and Underworld working together.

I like that this is Hammys thread because he'll appreciate the fact my favourite is A Life Less Ordinary (a slowy from Faithless, a lesser heard good Oasis song actually sung by wor Ewan in the film, plus what's probably my favourite Ash song in the title track), followed by Shooting Fish even if just for Bluetonic.

The Big Lebowski is my usual choice (introduced me to one of my top three favorite songs, "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles"), but I'll also say any of the soundtracks Morricone did for Leone's westerns as well as the soundtrack for The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I was looking forward to Ellis & Cave's soundtrack for The Proposition as well but I didn't think it was nearly as good. Movie was good, though.

Trainspotting is good but cheating because it is more of a compilation than an original soundtrack!

I was searching to find what I said last time this was brought up. Funnily enough it was Hammy who asked the question and he didn't even name Trainspotting!

Anyway, I like the a Fistful of Dollars. I like the Philip Glass ones. Superfly is really good. Purple Rain as well obvs.

Best OST for movies to me is A New Hope, because pretty much every song is memorable, and two of them are just plain iconic.

TV Shows, Sons of Anarchy. Though the first season of Metalpocalypse was fantastic.

Vidjagames, a toss-up between Catherine, Persona 3, and Guilty Gear XX.

Trainspotting is good but cheating because it is more of a compilation than an original soundtrack!

I was searching to find what I said last time this was brought up. Funnily enough it was Hammy who asked the question and he didn't even name Trainspotting!

Anyway, I like the a Fistful of Dollars. I like the Philip Glass ones. Superfly is really good. Purple Rain as well obvs.

Yeah I think it had been a while since I'd seen Trainspotting when I made the last thread back in the day.

I probably said Sunshine and 28 Days Later.

Also Grosse Pointe Blank has a brilliant compilation soundtrack. For an original soundtrack, probably Daft Punk's for Tron Legacy.