The Inaugural Game Of The Year Award Nominations Thread For The Year 2012

Robsturgh

1. Persona 4: Golden (I don't care if I am playing the PS2 version, best game!)

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Hitman Absolution

4. XCom: Enemy Unknown

5. The Walking Dead

6. Final Fantasy XIII-2

7. Dishonored

8. Sleeping Dogs

9. Prototype 2

10. Borderlands 2

I used this list. I thought I played a lot more games.

I would define a Game of the Year list to be games released in this year in your part of the world, but then that does rather limit some people who perhaps haven't played 10 brand new games and/or that list contains games that aren't necessarily worthy of a place on the list.

Like, I don't have 10 that immediately spring to mind and there's a chance stuff like FIFA 13 might be amongst the 10 and I'm not sure whether that's really worthy of a spot in the list but it might make it on there by default.

1.XCOM: Enemy Unknown

2.Fifa 13

3.UFC Undisputed 3

4.Lego Batman 2: DC Super heroes

5.Sleeping Dogs

6.Football manager 13

7.Crusader Kings II

8.Max Payne 3

9.Lollipop Chainsaw

10.Assasains creed 3

Weird year, spent more time playing older games (San Andreas, Vice City, Fallout 3, New Vegas etc.)

Is this our top 10 games released this year or top 10 games that we played this year? Because I got Fallout New Vegas this year but it was released in 2010.

Games released in 2012. If it was top 10 games we've played, my list would be weird as hell and only include one game released this year. I imagine the same would be the case with others too.

Arkham City, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story and Trine were last year, weren't they? The first Trine was definitely like, 2009.

EDIT: Last Story and Xenoblade came out this year for NA, thinking about it.

Xenoblade came out in NA this year, so it counts damn it. And Last Story came out everywhere but Japan this year, apparently. Could've sworn it was out in Europe last year, but apparently it was February 2012.

Arkham City came out on the WiiU this year, so it counts damn it! :shifty:

And I meant Trine 2. So I'll edit that. Which came out on WiiU this year. And apparently on PS3 in Europe this year. So it counts :shifty:

I don't play a lot of video games. Some of these I've played for all of five minutes. I almost voted Angry Birds Star Wars.

Can we pick a game that has already been released but had a content update? Not sure if it'll end up on my list, but Tropico 3 had a re-release with some new stuff that I bought and played this year and am considering putting on the list :\

EDIT: It seems I only played 6 games this year, 7 if you count Tropico 3. Can I vote for a game if I only played the demo?

1) The Walking Dead

2) FIFA 13

3) Mass Effect 3

4) Hitman Absolution

5) Max Payne 3

6) Far Cry 3

7) COD: Black Ops 2

8) Halo 4

9) WWE 13

10) The Witcher 2 (Released on Xbox in 2012)

Alright, sod it. I'm only using games i've played and i'm counting demos, not counting Tropico etc.

And i'm not including two games (NHL and Madden) because they were garbage.

7) Pokemon Conquest - Wow and damn because this is actually quite a good game. Still and all, something's gotta be last on the list.
6) FTL: Faster than Light - superb. Unexpectedly superb. One more attempt! Just one more!
5) NBA 2K13 - didn't buy the full version ONLY because I was so invested in my 2K12 My Player and couldn't bare to start again. The games themselves just don't compare.

4) Spec Ops: The Line
3) FM2013 - It takes two amazing games to deny this a spot in my top 2, a perennial favourite of mine.
2) XCOM - Enemy Unknown. The demo was intriguing but not OMG MUST BUY for me. I'd never played XCOM or any of its ilk before this. I picked it up as part of the steam sales just before Christmas, and I have basically played NOTHING else since then. This game is simply incredible, but not as good as...
1) Diablo III - Wow, it's a bit stiff that i'm the first to mention this on a list. Delivered everything I loved as a Diablo fan and added to it. Amazing, frantic, mouse-destroying fun. I took two weeks of my annual leave on the release of this, and I have precisely zero regrets.

• Like 1