Justified

Maxx

I've only just seen this thread, Justified is my all-time favourite TV show. I had been obsessed with Lost for six years, Justified came just after with plenty of crossover actors and actresses. Just when I was at a low ebb (we all remember the last season of Lost and how it ended), Justified came along to save me. 

The Harlan Roulette scene with Duffy and Raylan is some exceptional TV, as is the Colton/Tim standoff.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

i rewatched Justified relatively recently. Certainly last five years or so, but fuck I wanna watch it again.

oooh it's on amazon prime and i have a few weeks until The Rookie season 4 finishes and I can watch that. let's gooooo.

On 02/03/2022 at 15:44, K said:

I don't think I remember how little U.S. Marshals Tim Gutterson and Rachel Brooks do in this show. I felt like they were always popping up, but they're barely in it so far.

This was maybe the one big cock-up of the whole series as far as consistent writing went. Some of the one-off focuses on Tim and Rachel were great but they never gave them enough room to develop as their own characters, and sometimes they'd just be sidelined entirely.

The stand-off between Tim and that Colton character with the sniper rifle in Season 4 springs to mind immediately.

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

This was maybe the one big cock-up of the whole series as far as consistent writing went. Some of the one-off focuses on Tim and Rachel were great but they never gave them enough room to develop as their own characters, and sometimes they'd just be sidelined entirely.

The stand-off between Tim and that Colton character with the sniper rifle in Season 4 springs to mind immediately.

I'm just starting season four and we basically don't know anything about Rachel. Tim seems cool but it's because they've told us rather than shown us. I wanna see some cool sniper stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Agreed that the first two episodes were pretty good. The whole rebellious daughter storyline feels a little tacky, but overall really enjoying it. Boyd Holbrook has been terrific. 

Yeah, the Willa stuff is the one part that isn't working for me. Everything else is good, Boyd Holbrook is perfect and the actress playing his girlfriend/partner-in-crime is nailing that sort of stock Elmore Leonard book role.

• 4 weeks later...