2013 Confederations Cup Thread

Rafael

I mean, if an amateur United States beat England in 1950, why can't Tahiti beat Spain?

I'm going 1-0 Tahiti when Spain spend 89 minute 45 seconds passing the ball around, completing 94,000 passes during the match but not actually going anywhere.

• Like 1

I mean, if an amateur United States beat England in 1950, why can't Tahiti beat Spain?

Much bigger gulf in elite pros and amateurs now, it's insurmountable. Also the fact that Spain's starting XI's salary is probably greater than Tahiti's GDP.

• Like 1

And back then, England were a long ball team, lacking in technique, discipline, tactical awareness, creativity, flair and fitness.

Hang on...

Glad to see Tahiti get a goal (or two?) on the board. They were always going to get destroyed in this. New Zealand would not only have done better (obvious) but are actually in pretty damn good form of late. Could have beaten Nigeria.

Just get rid of the OFC already. Split Asia into West and East, merge Oceania into the east, and be done with it.