Hockey to go bye bye?

Your Mom

Hey I saw this on inside pulse and thought you guys might be interested. Anyway off to the movies! :)

An NHL owner, speaking on condition of anonymity, says the owners of the NHL teams have discussed disbanding the league if contract talks fail, possibly as early as January.

The possibility, according to the owner, has become greater following attempts to reach a deal with the player's union.

[Credit: Canada.com]

Well, that sucks for the Hockey fans, but I can't say I'd be surprised.

On the other hand, I would dearly love for Golf, Hockey and Tennis to get the fuck off my tv, so....  :thumbsup:

While I agree with your golf-and-tennis-killing policy, I disagree with your hockey-killing policy, and will institute a GhostMachine-killing policy because of this.

If I lose the ability to watch hockey, I will become a very bitter article.

Rumor has it the NHL Owners are dissapointed in the representation by Gary Bettman and have talked, individually away from the league offices, about making a new league.

Retarded. They're just greedy.

Anyway, the general feeling is that the league will eventually cave, as it can't afford a lockout. Obviously, the owners do not like this.

I really couldnt care less abou hockey, so seeing it off my TV screen wouldnt disappoint me that much. Maybe if that happens Arena Football and NFL Europe will get better TV deals, as there will be alot of timeslots to fill. I can only hope thats what happens.

That really sucks if they do have a lockout :crying: Thats all I have to say.

Its not contract talks with Players right? Cause that would be just stupid...

Its the owners correct? Couldn't they just make a bunch of new teams?

I don't understand the hockey hating. I guess most of you guys like to wait 40 seconds before a new play or watch a guy bounce a ball down a court but that's my problem.

Anyway, if they disband the league what difference will it make? They going to make a new league with a salary cap? Ya fucking right, they still won't get the talented players.

Oh did I mention the NHL is considering a logo change? Shows what their priorities are. :angry:

SeanDMan I also heard the rumor of a new league which could start as early as January.

I can only see one good possibility out of the NHL dissapearing and that would be canadian junior leagues like the OHL, WHL and QMJHL getting some tv deals with the canadian stations that broadcast NHL games.

If the NHL disappears I will be a sad person... very sad... and damn Phoenix is looking good.

I don't really give a shit about where the hockey is being played, just so long as it is being played. It's no concern to me, because I know the first city to get a team will be Toronto. I just hope if this happens (and I hope it doesn't, because dumping that buffoon Bettman would be such a better solution), the Leafs name survives the switch. That's all that concerns me, really. Who knows, maybe the league will come back with a more compact, competitive nature.

It'd be fucking sdtupid to destroy the 100-or so years of tradition/custom/whatnot over a fucking money dispute, it's pathetic.

And there'll still be hockey, I bet a lot of the European guys will come home and there'll be a resurgence in popularity for European hockey. Germany, Sweden etc. have got some solid leagues.