FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Career mode is niche enough as it is without putting on the extra qualifier of playing in the 2nd division of Germany.

And you say that you'd rather someone say one way or the other if they know or don't know, yet you complain that Daws told you he didn't know in regards to an earlier question.

Anyway, at this point I think we should probably just prune off select posts from this thread into a new FIFA 14 thread/delete all the nonsense and we'll just make a Dragons thread closer to the time. No point carrying on this argument.

Just get over it. We play FIFA, we talk about it in the thread. Simple! Show me all these buried questions. The thread would sink without a trace if we had a separate one.

I have an unanswered one sitting there right now as the last post. Regardless of whether or not anyone knows the answer nobody has even bothered to state as such.

A few times I've popped in with questions and they are either ignored or run through with Dragons talk to the point that I either:

A- missed someone responding or

B- everyone missed the question due to the Dragons traffic (I've had to quote my own question to get any response at all, let alone one that had any information). Specifically there was my question about the financial takeover not working ... Dragons talk ran right over it and after I quoted it all I got was "don't know mate" from alldawson and that was it as Dragons talk kept right on running. If there was another response I missed it because I didn't want to sift through all the posts about Club talk.

Plus, nobody is checking the FIFA thread unless they are a dragon. I'm not in the EWBFL for Madden, so I don't read that thread. When there's a new post in the Madden thread, I read it. If that was one thread, I wouldn't bother because at least 80% of the posts would be about the league. I don't care enough to dig through 3000 posts of "lads?", but it's frustrating that there is such a simple solution to the issue that we have a perfect example of how it should be done in this very forum, and that example is being ignored because the mod is on the Dragons so he thinks its fine the way it is.

I think there'd be enough separate fifa discussion for two threads, personally. The Dragons thread could even be in Donators if needs be - pretty sure everyone that plays is in that group anyway.

About the new features...

There's a vid up on IGN detailing the top 5 additions. They're all well and good, but everything there favours the attacking side. Defending the new way was tricky enough to master before, and could become even harder if there's nothing to combat some of the "intelligent attacking runs" - how about some intelligent defensive runs for once which would finally put to bed the old "two or three attackers run past the defence whilst everyone stands and watches, so as the keeper comes out, the drag-back goal is on every time!'

It really feels like the defensive side is being left behind - and that has nothing to do with how the user controls them, it's just so heavily balanced towards attacking.

Defence was the big thing last year, with a whole new system. Was bound to be a new attacking focus this year. Moving Dragons to Donators is silly. Stops any non donators being involved. Over half the people who talk about Fifa are Dragons, we'd have two threads covering the exact same subject. Fifa games.

Just get over it. We play FIFA, we talk about it in the thread. Simple! Show me all these buried questions. The thread would sink without a trace if we had a separate one.

I have an unanswered one sitting there right now as the last post. Regardless of whether or not anyone knows the answer nobody has even bothered to state as such.

A few times I've popped in with questions and they are either ignored or run through with Dragons talk to the point that I either:

B- everyone missed the question due to the Dragons traffic (I've had to quote my own question to get any response at all, let alone one that had any information). Specifically there was my question about the financial takeover not working ... Dragons talk ran right over it and after I quoted it all I got was "don't know mate" from alldawson and that was it as Dragons talk kept right on running. If there was another response I missed it because I didn't want to sift through all the posts about Club talk.

+++++++++++++++

Curious about the new ball physics and such. The scouting sounds lovely though.

Your one sitting there has had no dragons post after it at all. Not entirely sure how that's our fault.. Maybe one of these lads who are dying to talk about Fifa should respond? Complaining no one has even replied to say they don't know, then complaining about how all daws said was "don't know mate" is also silly. If no one knows, no one answers..

Plus, nobody is checking the FIFA thread unless they are a dragon. I'm not in the EWBFL for Madden, so I don't read that thread. When there's a new post in the Madden thread, I read it. If that was one thread, I wouldn't bother because at least 80% of the posts would be about the league. I don't care enough to dig through 3000 posts of "lads?", but it's frustrating that there is such a simple solution to the issue that we have a perfect example of how it should be done in this very forum, and that example is being ignored because the mod is on the Dragons so he thinks its fine the way it is.

There's enough people checking it to complain and pop in with questions.

The massive thing hitting EWB right now is usage. We've pruned topics, streamlined forums and added ads. You want to create an additional topic to sometimes say "got a new card" and then a week later someone ask a question no one knows an answer to, then a week later "scored a wkd goal with messi lol".

I think there'd be enough separate fifa discussion for two threads, personally. The Dragons thread could even be in Donators if needs be - pretty sure everyone that plays is in that group anyway.

There's a vid up on IGN detailing the top 5 additions. They're all well and good, but everything there favours the attacking side. Defending the new way was tricky enough to master before, and could become even harder if there's nothing to combat some of the "intelligent attacking runs" - how about some intelligent defensive runs for once which would finally put to bed the old "two or three attackers run past the defence whilst everyone stands and watches, so as the keeper comes out, the drag-back goal is on every time!'

It really feels like the defensive side is being left behind - and that has nothing to do with how the user controls them, it's just so heavily balanced towards attacking.

I'm not so sure it's going to be as skewed as it sounds. With the new AI and first touch it seems that the defense might actually be getting advantages. Add in the momentum that they've talked about and I think overall things will be tightened up quite a bit. They've also put in new animations in tackling that will allow for a chance to pull out of it and not get blown away if you time it wrong.

++++++++++++++++++

The POINT, is that there are people that play the game outside of Dragons/clubs. Most of the time I don't bother because the question will get buried or ignored. Every now and then I pop in on the off chance that it might catch someone's eye. I'm not complaining that alldawson only gave it a "don't know mate" ... it's that it was given the line and then it was "anyways, Dragons." I'm willing to be a handful of people that play the game could have given some insight but either missed the question or didn't bother because "Dragons." There's no chance for any discussion or question/answer outside of Dragons talk in that thread.

Pulling out of tackles? That's awesome. Definitely needed. The amount of times I see people (Myke.. Hughes..) dive into tackles with good intentions but be too late and realistically be able to pull out.

Realism. That's why I like pure shot. Having your guy reshape his body to hit shots is brilliant. Having more varied shot styles is fantastic for that reason too.

Summ, if you're THAT insistent on streamlining the board, why not create a mass PM topic with all the Dragons and keep it all in there? Saves even more room for the board, then.

Note: That wasn't a serious suggestion. I am merely saying I don't believe for a second you care about board usage as much as you do fighting for your "territory."

• Like 1

Summ, if you're THAT insistent on streamlining the board, why not create a mass PM topic with all the Dragons and keep it all in there? Saves even more room for the board, then.

Note: That wasn't a serious suggestion. I am merely saying I don't believe for a second you care about board usage as much as you do fighting for your "territory."

Saying it's not a serious suggestion does not excuse the fact that PM conversations don't allow that many people, as was pointed out to you the last time you suggested it.

I'm not so sure it's going to be as skewed as it sounds. With the new AI and first touch it seems that the defense might actually be getting advantages. Add in the momentum that they've talked about and I think overall things will be tightened up quite a bit. They've also put in new animations in tackling that will allow for a chance to pull out of it and not get blown away if you time it wrong.

++++++++++++++++++

The POINT, is that there are people that play the game outside of Dragons/clubs. Most of the time I don't bother because the question will get buried or ignored. Every now and then I pop in on the off chance that it might catch someone's eye. I'm not complaining that alldawson only gave it a "don't know mate" ... it's that it was given the line and then it was "anyways, Dragons." I'm willing to be a handful of people that play the game could have given some insight but either missed the question or didn't bother because "Dragons." There's no chance for any discussion or question/answer outside of Dragons talk in that thread.

The POINT is that if people don't know, they don't know. Him saying "don't know mate" and then continuing is because he didn't know.. did you want him to old a candle lit vigil before going on about his day? A moments silence before he found out if people could play FIFA that night?

There is plenty of chance for discussion. People spoke about other stuff all the time. Such as career games & ultimate team.

PMs had to be purged too. They take up space. Do you pay any attention?

Also have you made a single post in here that isn't about the Dragons, though? Seriously. Most of us, Dragons included, are talking about FIFA, new features.. you just keep harping on about a FIFA 13 thread. The only thing stopping FIFA discussion in here is you constantly harping on and crying about those of us who play FIFA socially together. Get over it. You want the FIFA thread to be FIFA FIFA FIFA and nothing else, but it currently isn't because you wont shut the hell up.

This is pathetic. Since someone decided I was biased even though I offered to change opinions if you had any proof, (which they didnt bother looking for btw) how's this? Dragons will have their own separate thread when the game comes out, and when this thread dies two months after release, pizza can apologise to me for being a berk.

• Like 1

This is pathetic. Since someone decided I was biased even though I offered to change opinions if you had any proof, (which they didnt bother looking for btw) how's this? Dragons will have their own separate thread when the game comes out, and when this thread dies two months after release, pizza can apologise to me for being a berk.

Nice assumption there.

The FIFA 13 thread is 107 pages or something. I got 4 pages back and hadn't seen a single post other than "TONIGHT LADS!?" so I gave up.

It's not our job to scourge a topic that long and tedious. It's your job to make allowances for things that are clearly an issue. Whether you like the fact that it's an issue or not is irrelevant - it's still an issue.

Anyway, simple problem with a simple solution. Moving on...

Unless there's something major announced before it's out, I'll wait and rent it. Sounds like another rehash as per usual with a few small things added. The problem with '13 and most previous installments is it's unbelievably unrealistic and everything caters to the online modes now. Offline it just becomes repetitive after a while. Every team seems to play and feel the same. People like Kenwyn Jones can do stuff that Ronaldo and Messi do, just no real attention to important things like that. And alongside that, the AI hasn't really improved a great deal what so ever over the last few installments.

That's the main issues for me. I've never really got into Fifa online wise, so whenever I've played it, it's been mostly offline, where it still needs major work. Career is still average at best and it's crazy that there still hasn't been a great deal of improvement there (and of course it's ruined by the mental amount of transfers that happen). Passing system is still just decent and the tackling system still needs work. Bit of a rant there, but with all of the licensing and everything they have in their favor, it's annoying how good the game could be if they really put the effort in, but how far it falls from being that. Hopefully it proves me wrong, but it seems like Fifa is playing it safe yet again while Pro seems to be taking much more risks this year with the new engine etc.

Nice assumption there.

The FIFA 13 thread is 107 pages or something. I got 4 pages back and hadn't seen a single post other than "TONIGHT LADS!?" so I gave up.

It's not our job to scourge a topic that long and tedious. It's your job to make allowances for things that are clearly an issue. Whether you like the fact that it's an issue or not is irrelevant - it's still an issue.

Another post not about the new game.

This is so stupid. It's an issue to who? 3 or 4 of you guys? You realize you're the minority right? Like the tiniest minority. It's not Kaney's job to make things better for some people that may have an objection to something because then any group of 3 or 4 people can have a problem with something and then it'd have to be rushed to be fixed. You're grasping at straws here.

And, yeah, go ahead and tell Kaney how to do his "job." That'll get you far.

Nice assumption there.

Assumption? I don't see any evidence provided so...

What you're saying is that you gave up because you couldn't find proof that you were right? Either people can't talk because of the dragons, or people don't talk because they've already assumed they'll be ignored and didn't bother trying. What's more likely?

And I have made allowances, I made an offer you're too lazy to take up and when you kept whining about it I took the decision to separate the threads and let time decide if you were right or not, so what are you complaining about?

Pointless solution to an imagined problem. Moving on....

• Like 1

2nd Chance Tackles: The tackling zone has been extended to enable defenders to combine different types of tackles, recover from missed tackles quickly, and have a second chance to compete for the ball in any tackling situation.

That sounds like it will be a heck of an upgrade.