FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

I wonder if on FIFA 14 we'll actually get around to finishing a FIFA tournament...

The new features sound like welcome additions, being a defender for a local team and loving the defensive side of the game I love the idea of second chance tackling and shielding the ball being improved. The fact that its only April and there's still plenty of time between now and September/October for when the game comes out for new features to be announced I can't help but start to get excited :D

I just like to say that this is the best solution. Yes I was a dick about it, but I suggested it last year nicely and I was made a joke of which actually triggered the "hilarious" name change of the thread last year. Quite frankly this is all just mob mentality and egos built up by a virtual football club because for prior years, we've had a separate thread for any FIFA tournament, league or even clubs for PS3 and Xbox.

But the one time any of these spin-off projects actually takes off and has prolonged success, it becomes a massive deal and the ego-driven majority prevails. This is the simplest and best solution, which should've happened last year. Now EWB can still have it's successful club which is great and everybody else including club members can discuss everything else about the game here.

Sorry again for being an asshole about it but it just got very annoying last year.

Pulling out of tackles? That's awesome. Definitely needed. The amount of times I see people (Myke.. Hughes..) dive into tackles with good intentions but be too late and realistically be able to pull out.

Realism. That's why I like pure shot. Having your guy reshape his body to hit shots is brilliant. Having more varied shot styles is fantastic for that reason too.

Basically, this. The tackling definitely needed to be done differently. You're right about stupid bookings.

And oh god, adding more complications to shooting? Next they'll make the offside trap even harder to beat :(

But yeah, updates sounding good so far. Would really like them to work on chipped shots - would like to see the kind of chip shot you'd achieve through something similar to finesse technique. All the chip shots at the moment are done by literally getting directly beneath the ball, when the majority of chipped shots aren't scored this way. Dunno if it's explained well, but yeah.

*EA introduces lots of new features to improve gameplay*

*Everyone online plays an ultra defensive counter attack with 5'2" Usian Bolt-esque strikers.

:shifty:

This doesn't seem really exciting. The gameplay has been good for a few years now. It's cool that they're making a few small tweaks to it.

But are those tweaks what they are selling it on? The career mode is dull and unrealistic. It could do with a bit of attention.

Aside from that FIFA's kind of become a victim of its own success. For me at least. I've got no doubt that 14 will be a really good game, but I have no idea what they could do it to it to make it distinct enough from last year's for me to buy it.

This doesn't seem really exciting. The gameplay has been good for a few years now. It's cool that they're making a few small tweaks to it.

But are those tweaks what they are selling it on? The career mode is dull and unrealistic. It could do with a bit of attention.

Aside from that FIFA's kind of become a victim of its own success. For me at least. I've got no doubt that 14 will be a really good game, but I have no idea what they could do it to it to make it distinct enough from last year's for me to buy it.

I disagree. Because it's so good, people will almost always definitely buy the next one - and so will everyone's friends because they'll want to play each other online etc. Sorry to bring it back to pro clubs again, but if everyone buys the new game, I'll have to buy it if I wanna keep playing pro clubs. The gameplay's individual merits aren't what's making me buy the new game, it's basically the fact that everyone else will. And if I wanna keep playing fifa the way I enjoy it (online, basically) then I have to buy the new game too.

Something I'd love to see is the ability to approach clubs in some form or other. Like I only play BAP or Pro Clubs, so in my Pro career I wanna go back to England at some point but in every transfer window, the only clubs that ever come in for me, and I don't exaggerate, are Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Inter. All three of which I've already played for. And it's so dull that you can't like have a list of clubs you'd like to transfer to or something. So thats what I want :shifty: