FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Right, this is slightly old news but we need to get this thread back on topic sharpish before it all kicks off again.

Web app for Ultimate Team opens on September 15th so you can get to work on your squad before the game releases. Of course, all that means is that you'll be trying to scrape together a few bronze players from your first pack whilst Dan will have already racked up 100k in coins.

Personally I enjoy the trading card aspect of it, plus it gives me more of a purpose to playing online as I know that every match I play is going to have some kind of reward for just playing let alone winning a match.

I loved it when the Card Collection aspect of it was a big deal in the very first FUT, and I'm still annoyed with EA for taking it out :(.

For me, perhaps the biggest thing is that I don't much go in for online versus because I'm not overly competitive and online multiplayer is just full of cheap bastards anyway. UT gives me a context, albeit a thin one, to play single player that isn't the garbage career mode. Instead of just playing meaningless friendlies I can now fight for promotion or win a tournament.

Squad building is fun and very addicting thanks to the auction house and, to a lesser extent for me personally since I don't use them much, the packs. It's that same sort of thrill you get from eBay or a pack of trading cards, only you're in a safer financial environment (unless you spunk real money for packs) so you won't end up buying a second hand telly on a whim or have to spend however much it is to try and get a shiny Charizard or whatever the fuck. Plus it has a lot of room for experimentation. Every man and their dog wants to make a PL team with the aforementioned Agbonlahor/Walcott forward line, real men make teams comprised entirely of silver rated players from Ligue 2. That and just dabbling in the players that no one wants for really cheap prices. Someone like Berbatov, he's slow so no one will touch him with a 10 foot barge pole, enabling you to pick him up for a mere 600 coins. Or Matty Ethrington, 80's across the board for skills but only 300 coins.

And you can always sell your coins to idiots who want to save up and buy CR7.

Firstly there will be pro clubs on FIFA 14 on next-gen, as shown at gamescom.

- Virtual Pro can be transferred from PS3 to PS4, Xbox 360 to Xbox One, version of FIFA 14, with the same accomplishments and look aswell kept.

- The Old top 100 club world rankings is returning from FIFA 12, along with the rankings from FIFA 13 which can be seen via filter.

- The top 100 pro leaderboard will be the same format as FIFA 13, so the more games played with your VP the better chance of getting on the 100 top. I personally think the old top 100 leaderboard should return with 151 games minimum needed to get on it, ranked via match ratings.

- VP GK Phantom Saves fixed for FIFA 14

- Lag/Delay issues have been addressed and should be better.

- VP kit number can be chosen.

The 5 minute rule has also been removed.

Looking forward to getting [NAME REMOVED] into the top 100 clubs this year. Since I never played 12, is it different at all to what I was used to in like 10/11? I remember that time, Dan, when we were playing all night after the monthly reset and got to like 16th in the world.

No more fucking around for five minutes is good. Is that gonna be the same for other modes too?

And dibs on number 23 shirt! Though, I wonder how that'll work. Like, they worked on streamlining pre-match stuff so I can't imagine they'll make it so you choose your number before every match. But then you'll have situations where say, your number 9 wouldn't be online and someone else wanted to use that number so someone who's assigned as manager would have to go edit it from a menu, or worse, it'd be locked in and only that specific person could remove the number from themselves.

Midget will be a youth teamer and have number 56 or something. :shifty: