FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Pulling out of tackles? That's awesome. Definitely needed. The amount of times I see people (Myke.. Hughes..) dive into tackles with good intentions but be too late and realistically be able to pull out.

Realism. That's why I like pure shot. Having your guy reshape his body to hit shots is brilliant. Having more varied shot styles is fantastic for that reason too.

Basically, this. The tackling definitely needed to be done differently. You're right about stupid bookings.

And oh god, adding more complications to shooting? Next they'll make the offside trap even harder to beat :(

But yeah, updates sounding good so far. Would really like them to work on chipped shots - would like to see the kind of chip shot you'd achieve through something similar to finesse technique. All the chip shots at the moment are done by literally getting directly beneath the ball, when the majority of chipped shots aren't scored this way. Dunno if it's explained well, but yeah.

Yeah, I know what you mean... kinda. It would be great if you could just flick the ball over an on-coming keeper.

Goalkeepers on FIFA seem far too rigid for any decent new type of chip shot to work.

What I mean by that is, there's shots from certain angles you know that there's no point taking, as the keeper will save them every time. I think it'd be a similar case with this - you'd either pull off the chip every time, or not at all.

Honestly I like the layout in 13's better... though I don't do managing in career mode.

I suppose. It wouldn't effect me either way really because when you're just a player you rarely delve much into it unless you want to check your player goals or change your number or whatever. I just liked the old way more aesthetically because it seemed more like you were looking at a sports channel's website. This looks more... sterile, I guess would be the way to put it. I mean, it looks a lot like the design changes to FUT from 12 to 13 (which I didn't actually like either) applied to Career Mode and taken a bit further, if that makes sense.

I suppose. It wouldn't effect me either way really because when you're just a player you rarely delve much into it unless you want to check your player goals or change your number or whatever. I just liked the old way more aesthetically because it seemed more like you were looking at a sports channel's website. This looks more... sterile, I guess would be the way to put it. I mean, it looks a lot like the design changes to FUT from 12 to 13 (which I didn't actually like either) applied to Career Mode and taken a bit further, if that makes sense.

Perhaps, I really only play it as a manager though so it may well be different.

Part of it could be that I have a Windows phone right now and the interface looks very similar, so the ease of use would geared toward what I'm used to right now.