PFA Player & Young Player of the Year 2013

stokeriño

No Michu :lol:

That's pretty embarrassing really. Hazard in ahead of Michu? Good fucking god. Why Hazard is even in the running either is quite baffling. Wilshire on the Young Player award isn't far off being as mental too. No Rafael? No De Gea? As good as Welbeck has actually been at times for us this season, there's not a chance he should be getting in ahead of those two.

Well deserved for Carrick though. Has there been a better midfielder this season? Tough to think of one.

YayaToure_1509466a.jpg

Yeah, no.

No, Yaya

• Like 2

POTY should always win YPOTY if they're in the ballot for both. If you're the best player in the league that season, it stands to reason you're also the best young player if you qualify. They need to lower the age limit for YPOTY though, who considers Bale "young" these days?

Bale for POTY fair enough, but why did he have to win both? Would much preferred Benteke win YPOTY.

It's really not. He's had a ton of spectacular moments sandwiched between a lot of mediocrity. Suarez and RVP have been consistently better.

At first I thought it was my bias talking, but then why would I be defending RVP?

In theory, it makes no sense.

In practice, it makes sense because the nomination and final votes are separate, so presumably a bunch of people who initially voted for different nominees prefer Benteke to Hazard when given that choice.

While I think it's ridiculous that someone can win both, I don't think Bale winning player of the year is that absurd. Yeah, I'm almost definitely biased, but some of the things he's done this year have been extraordinary, and I think he's undoubtably the most exciting player in the Premiership. His ability to make something out of nothing, probably best represented by his second goal against West Ham, make him an absolute joy to watch. I think he's scored more outstanding goals than both VP and Suarez. I know he plays an attacking role now, but he's still not an out and out striker, which makes his ability to contribute to the midfield side of things quite impressive as well.

I'd have been okay with Suarez winning it - but he probably ruled himself out by being a tool, and people seem to overlook the fact the Van Persie did go something like 9 games without a goal. I can see why people might be surprised Bale won, but not the reaction I've seen here.

I'd be more annoyed that Benteke was robbed young player of the year. Outstanding season for a young player who has managed to score more than enough impressive goals in a Villa team that's still learning.