2013 Summer Transfer Thread

• Admin

We were too, apparently.

Morten Gamst Pedersen has been told he can leave Blackburn Rovers on a free transfer after nine years at the club. Blackburn also have mutually terminated the contract of Australian goalkeeper Seb Usai.

Hannover are expecting to hear back from Stoke after preliminary discussions over a possible deal for Mame Biram Diouf.

Kelvin Wilson has rejoined Nottingham Forest from Celtic for family reasons.

Valencia have confirmed the signing of former Tottenham striker Helder Postiga from Real Zaragoza. The 31-year-old has signed a two-year contract after completing a medical.
Millwall have signed midfielder Shaun Derry on a one-month loan deal from QPR. Millwall have also re-signed goalkeeper Andy Marshall on a short-term deal.

Well it's basically a trial, but he can play in competitive matches. So, it gives a team depth whilst they look to sign other players, plus there is probably an option to extend the deal at the end. So, win win really...

• Admin

Maximum 'emergency' loan is 93 days; so doing a one month loan initially gives the loaning club an idea as to whether they want to have the player on their books for the maximum possible time, or not.

EDIT: or what cymru said.

• Admin

QPR have had a bid rejected for Scott Parker. They are also believed to be chasing Liverpool's Oussama Assaidi on loan.

Also, pinch of salt time:

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has claimed a €100m (£85million) price tag is too much for Tottenham star Gareth Bale.

Real have been chasing Bale all summer with Spurs reluctant to sell him for anything less than a world record fee of £85million.
Bale is thought to be keen on moving to the Spanish capital, but Tottenham are adamant last season's double player of the year will only leave on their terms.
Perez has admitted talks are ongoing between both clubs as Real look to thrash out a deal to try and secure the Welshman's signature, but he questioned the fee Tottenham are reported to be demanding for the 24-year-old.
"We are talking with a lot of people and we will see what comes of our negotiations, I am talking about that player (Bale) and others," Perez is quoted as saying to ESPN.
"I do not want to talk about players out of respect to the player himself (Bale), the club and the chairman (Daniel Levy) who is a friend of mine and with whom I struck up a good friendship last summer because of the transfer of Luka Modric.
"If we're not talking about names, we're not talking about money either, but 100 million (euros) seems a lot to me," he said with a smile. "But I am not talking seriously because there is no need and, as I said, out of respect for the club."

Perez also reiterated his belief that he expects Cristiano Ronaldo will stay and finish his career at Real.
Ronaldo played down talk that he had agreed a new deal at the Bernabeu earlier this week and Perez confirmed that there was still a way to go before a contract extension was resolved, but remains confident the Portuguese superstar will remain in the Spanish capital.
Asked if Ronaldo was very close to signing a new deal, Perez added: "No. We are all convinced he will finish his sporting career at Real Madrid.
"I think by the end of summer we will try to resolve this matter."

Perez's second quote in that does make me laugh. It takes a special sort of cunt to lie so brazenly like that.

It isn't as bad as it used to be, due to the player sales we've had pretty much yearly.

Piatti, Ruiz, Canales and Soldado all cost quite a lot (7m+) of cash the last three years. There's been players for less too, obviously. Money is there, just not a whole lot.

• Admin

Laurent Blanc has said that PSG would like to sign Cabaye, but that we [spurs] are also interested.

I know we have dozens of midfielders already but I would like this one last addition to the collection to piss off Gazz, if nothing else.

Ultimately this digging of the heels will be Liverpool's loss. They'll still have a very unhappy Suarez who's still a cunt for this season before selling him for less anyway next year.

Unless he goes in January, or has a change of heart, decides to play his heart out for a year to attract Madrid.

Which will be his only option really, if he wants to play in the World Cup.