2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Big rumour doing the rounds: Bale will not be playing for Spurs next season.

Does anyone even think otherwise at this point?

Dunno, Levy is pretty stubborn so maybe if Spurs don't get the money they'll be after. I think there'll be a three-way battle for his services - Real and Man City at first then Man Utd once Fergie manages to persuade them that Man City really shouldn't be allowed to get him. And I think he'll go to Man Utd.

• Admin

Difference being Bale genuinely loves the club, and the manager, and recently signed a new long term deal. We have no need to sell.

Not a snowballs chance in hell he'll be going anywhere this summer (bar ridiculous Madrid offer as I mentioned).

Brendan Rodgers reignited his interest in Barcelona's David Villa, and hopes to get him for a knockdown price this summer.

West Ham are looking for other 'tall striker' options rather than Andy Carroll. One of them is Stoke's Peter Crouch. If Crouch leaves Britannia Stadium, the club is keen on bringing Nicklas Bendtner to replace him.

Another danish striker is being linked with an English club, this time it's Andreas Cornelius, who seems to be set for a move to Everton. The Liverpool club is also considering a move for Wigan's Callum McManaman, if the club is relegated. Joleon Lescott might be also getting back to the club if David Moyes stays as manager.

Tottenham are leading the race to sign Barnet's promising young man George Sykes.

Swansea are close to a deal with QPR's Junior Hoilett.

Another Galatasaray rumour, as the turkish club is likely to bid for Berbatov this summer.

Loic Remy set his heart on a move to Arsenal.

I've heard a bunch of Chelsea fans get quite intense about "wegottagetLukeShawgottagetLukeShawGOTTAGETLUKESHAW". They try and justify it along the usual lines of age, potential, etc. etc... But really, the nub of the matter is that they've discovered he's a Chelsea fan and feel this compelling enough to snap him up.

How that would or wouldn't influence the possibility of him being another Soton-Spurs-LB-steal, who can say. :shifty: